It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM   #1

SoScaredHelp HB User
Question 18/ Stomach Cancer???

Hello
Im 18 years old and I have been having slight pains in my stomach on and off for about a month and sometimes a burning feeling...and now I kinda have like a pain around the lower part of my back and down my legs....and for awhile I had lose bowels for about 2 months on and off...but nothing bloody or anything...I also have been under slot of stress and anxiety

Could I have stomach cancer?
How often is it in people my age?
What could it be and should I get checked?

Thank You and please respond, I need advice.Im very scared.
Thanks and GOD BLESS!!!

Old 05-30-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
tslask

Re: 18/ Stomach Cancer???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoScaredHelp
Hello
Im 18 years old and I have been having slight pains in my stomach on and off for about a month and sometimes a burning feeling...and now I kinda have like a pain around the lower part of my back and down my legs....and for awhile I had lose bowels for about 2 months on and off...but nothing bloody or anything...I also have been under slot of stress and anxiety

Could I have stomach cancer?
How often is it in people my age?
What could it be and should I get checked?

Thank You and please respond, I need advice.Im very scared.
Thanks and GOD BLESS!!!
I think you should go to the doctor because they can probably tell you what is wrong better than we can

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 09:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Re: 18/ Stomach Cancer???

It's not impossible, but very young people don't have the incidence of cancer as much as older people. Also, if a person is concerned about cancer, they can do sensible things to substantially reduce the chance of ever getting it. Reducing harmful stress, abstaining from tobacco products, eating healthy, exercising, not drinking excessive amounts of alcoholic beverages, and reducing exposure to toxins etc. all lead to a better lifestyle and a much less chance of getting this horrible disease. We see too many people getting this all around us, and we wonder if we will be next. So, it's understandable to have this fear.

In summary, try following a healthy lifestyle, and see your doctor when you are sick and this continues. Start now by reducing your anxiety. I know it's hard because I've been there myself, but I think about the harmful affects that we do to ourselves, so that stops me from going too far.

I hope that helps.

Closed Thread