It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
Stomach ache after eating - hernia / gastritious or stomach cancer?

I have a dull stomach ache (for a few days now) after eating...this happened last year at about the same time. I had a Endoscopy last year and was told I had a hiatal hernia and some gastritious. I was sent home with Prevacid. I also have been having periods of severe nauciousness out of the blue recently. SO I am a bit concerned now.

Since this pain is back I really don't want to go back to the same MD. He was actually playing a computer game while talking to me in his office and stopped our conversation short while taking a call from his toddler son. Needless to say, I was shocked but was in pain and had no other option at the time.

I want to go see another Gastro and will. But in the meantime, I wonder, could I have stomach cancer that this jerk didn't see? I mean he did do an Endoscopy less than a year ago....I have to trust that he was/is correct and it's just my hernia and/or gastritious acting up.

Any feedback would be great.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

StephanieAnne HB User
Re: Stomach ache after eating - hernia / gastritious or stomach cancer?

I get the same stomach ache but it does not last as long as your has, I also went to a GI had the upper endoscopy, yep large hiatal herina, sent home with medicine to help the food pass thru my stomach.

I started having this pain back in 2001, I then had surgery for removal of a 3 lb fibroid tumor, the stomach pain went away, 2003 pain back again, then I had surgery for a partial hysterectomy [ had another fibroid] a hernia repair [from the 1st surgery incision] and a tummy tuck!!! the stomach pain went away. Now, I get the pain and I have been associating it with foods like cheese, and milk, mostly dairy products give me that pain, so I have stopped eating those foods

So notice what you are eating, maybe you can associate that pain with a specific food? Maybe your primary care dr can help you without going back to the GI. I don't know anything about stomach cancer, but don't stress over something you may not even have and maybe thinking you have that is causing stress to cause the stomach pain??

Be happy don't worry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
Re: Stomach ache after eating - hernia / gastritious or stomach cancer?

Thanks StephanieAnne....your reply was very thoughtful.

I know I should not worry about something that I probably don't have...but it's hard not to worry. It's just my nature.

Any painI get I think it's bad, bad , bad.....because there is always something with me. I just can't catch a break.

Closed Thread