It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
(female)

Irishgal HB User
Stomach Cancer?

my dad has had a really low b12 for the last year or so. the doc told him it was supposed to be at around 700 and his was less than 50. after months of b12 injections it got up to around 150 but still not high enough so the doc sent him to have an endoscopy done today.
my parents, who me and my siblings dont believe, said that they found an ulcer that looks like it could bleed or is bleeding and he is due to have a cat scan in 2 weeks.

if its an ulcer, why need a catscan.. also, i know from experience that the waiting list for cat scans are v long unless its urgent.. so we are thinkin that the docs must have found something and my parents arent telling us what

my sis read online that a low b12 can be a sign of stomach cancer and an endoscopy followed by a catscan is one way of diagnosing it.

anyone any ideas? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
(female)

momoside HB User
Re: Stomach Cancer?

well, I had an ulcer and the doctor did not do a cat scan. He did take a biopsy to see if I needed antibiotics and he repeated the endoscopy in 2 months to make sure hte ulcer healed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Try not to worry, at the moment my sister has a low B12 and has to have injections. she has lots of health problems but Not stomach cancer.

I will be praying for your dad and your family... Mandy

Old 02-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

babs17 HB Userbabs17 HB User

My mother has stomach cancer, and that was her pattern of treatment and diagnosing. BUT ALSO, whenever there is any chance of a bleed (ulcers bleed) in the digestive area, they always do a CT Scan, Endoscopy, Biopsy and usually Colonoscopy.
My friend has to get B12 shots, and its b/c she is anemic.
People with digestive probelms (missing enzymes and such) also have to get the shots.
I wouldn't worry...seriously.
Be well.
Babs

C4-C7 Herniations
T5-T10 Herniations
L3-S1 Herniations
Thoracic Fusion via Thoracotomy 10/06

Closed Thread