It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

KristenNYC HB User
Stage IV Stomach Cancer-can anyone help?

Dear All,

I am glad to have found this board, and hope someone can give me some insight as to what my family and I are in for. Granted, I know that the future cannot be predicted, but I am just really scared right now.

Dad was diagnosed on March 13th with Stave IV stomach cancer. The Pet Scan did not show any metastases, but did show that a couple of cancer cells have broke loose from the tumor, and are just "hanging out" in the abdomen. My father is being treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering by Dr. David Kelsen. He starts his chemotherapy next week, but we were told his cancer is inoperable. How long can one be on Chemo for? This is the worst news to us, but I am looking for some honest advice, and hopeful stories. I am just beyond sad and devastated.

Kristen in NYC

Old 10-21-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
(female)

tanyalynne71 HB User
Re: Stage IV Stomach Cancer-can anyone help?

I was going through the threads and found yours.....How is your Dad doing?
I just posted a very long post on my mother-in-law.

Very curious to know how your Dad is doing...I hope you respond to my post.

Tanya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
(female)

casey7 HB User

dear Kristen nyc,
how you must be feeling now is undiscribale so sorry for your dad but he is going ahead with treatment thats great as when i seen your post i wished my dad would have treatment for his cancer but he wont its his way,so please be strong your dad may be around for a while yet-we must never give up hope you have your family for support you will need that as iam on my own here and i feel for you also,i may not have had the answers you need but as a human being i hope you know you&family are in my thoughts strength-faith-courage you need and lots of loving support cheers casey7.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
(female)

casey7 HB User
Question Re: Stage IV Stomach Cancer-can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenNYC View Post
Dear All,

I am glad to have found this board, and hope someone can give me some insight as to what my family and I are in for. Granted, I know that the future cannot be predicted, but I am just really scared right now.

Dad was diagnosed on March 13th with Stave IV stomach cancer. The Pet Scan did not show any metastases, but did show that a couple of cancer cells have broke loose from the tumor, and are just "hanging out" in the abdomen. My father is being treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering by Dr. David Kelsen. He starts his chemotherapy next week, but we were told his cancer is inoperable. How long can one be on Chemo for? This is the worst news to us, but I am looking for some honest advice, and hopeful stories. I am just beyond sad and devastated.

Kristen in NYC
Hello kristen my dad died on 22nd december i buried him yesterday dad has METASTASES FOR 2YRTS AND SKIN CANCERS AS WELL ITS SO HARD I NUSED DAD AT HOME AS HE DID NOT WANT TO BE IN A HOME I HAVE NO SIBLINGS NO MUM DAD WAS BURIED ON TOP OF MUM AS MUM PASSED FROM CANCER AT 37YRS,I SAW WHAT DAD WENT THROUGH AND IF THERE ARE any QUESTIONS you would like to ask please do as if i can help another it will help me i hope you understand that my dad was everything to me i feel so EMPTY please dont give up my dad was 78yrs he just had his birthday4days befor he passed thinking of you casey7

Old 12-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

Casey, so sorry to hear of your loss, god will get you through the rough time and with all the board prayers! Kristen , hang in there. I am very worried myself with having stomach issue, can you tell me what the symptoms were? Mine all point to this also but i know it can be many things and i'm a kind of Hypochriac. and it's freaking me me out. Although i don't have all these symptoms, i have a worry as i am A blood type:

or black, tarry stools.

Weight loss that is unexplained and/or loss of appetite.
Pain or bloating in the stomach after eating.
Jaundice, a yellowing of eyes and skin. (not sure)
Discomfort in the upper or middle part of the abdomen.
Weakness or fatigue associated with mild anemia (a deficiency in red blood cells). (doesn't show) thus far
Love, Monkey

Old 12-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
(female)

mac7707 HB User

Monkey

The symptons you post could be a problem - or not. Your best bet is to get to a doctor ASAP and review your symptons with him/her. The doctor can run tests to see what hte problem may e. If it is cancer, time is your enemy as you want to catch it as early as possible so posting for information is okay - but no substitute for a doctors visit.

Best wishes and let us know how you are doing,

mac

Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

mac, had a colonoscopy done this last week, still waiting for biopsy results as they did both of upper and colon, anxiety is horrid right now. The GI dr. had me ger some Miralax and it's not helping. It's been since Tuesday the day of the test ugh.
Love, Monkey

Old 01-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
(female)

mac7707 HB User

Hi Monkey

Sorry I haven't written sooner (been a busy week at work). Have you received your results? I am hoping they came out okay for you. Waiting for test results is torture as you can only imagine what they will be. I wish there was a way for the doctors tobe able to tell you immediately to relieve the wait - not possible at this time I know - but maybe someday.

Take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

mac

Old 01-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

mac, yes it came back negative, i guess i must just have IBS due to the arthritis or something, but good thing!
Love, Monkey

Old 01-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
(female)

mac7707 HB User
Smile Re: Stage IV Stomach Cancer-can anyone help?

Monke

That is GREAT news! I am always happy when I read of someone's good news - it just makes my day brighter! What is going on in your life could easily cause IBS or any other stress type problem - it isn't easy is it?

mac

Closed Thread