It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
stomach cancer question?

Dear members, this is probably not the cause but i am wondering if anyone has had experience with stomach cancer and if so was there abdominal sensatios/palpaltions? The dr. knows there is something but most everythng has been checked and it's not adding up to be an ulcer and i don't really thinks she thinks this!
Love, Monkey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
(male)

robert562 HB User
Re: stomach cancer question?

My girlfriend was just diagnosed with a large malignant tumor in her stomach last night. This came as a complete shock to everyone. She had been experiencing pain in the upper part of her stomach and the Dr's kept saying it was GERD or heartburn. Eventually she asked for the Dr's to test for H.Pylori and they found out she was positive for that, a subsequent endoscopy showed the tumor in her stomach and she now awaits a CT Scan to see if it will be operable or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

robert, i am so sorry to hear this. I hope it is opertable, she will be in my prayers. Did they try other treatment because they thought it was gerd or something and it only helped temporarily? I am wondering this as they started me on prilosec, no luck then eventually reglan then Nexium and the nexium as relieved some of the stomach upset but i am slowly starting to have symtoms all over again ugh, but i also experience upper right side discomfort where it feels lumpy. So i am lost but i go back to the Dr.s on the 3rd and maybe i can get some more testing. Also is this test she had done only and outside test aside from a regular CBC(H.Pylori )?
Love, Monkey

Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
(male)

robert562 HB User

They gave her Nexium as well for the stomach pain but it was difficult to assess whether the meds were working or not because it was a come and go pain. Sometimes it would still hurt while on the meds. I'm not sure if the H.pylori test is something specific you need to ask for but it wouldn't hurt to do so. Hopefully everything works out for the best for you, thanks for your concern.

Closed Thread