It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

Glen1966 HB User
My dad DIED of stomach cancer

Hi all. My dad died Oct.26th,2007 of stomach cancer,he was 76. My wife has been of little help during this time. She even provoked my -son,her step-son to try to make him strike her. She asked him if he "wanted to go to jail". Now she is acting like nothing happened. Thank GOD he is smarter than that. My dad is the best dad you can have. I am 41. I DON'T think this behavior is normal. What do you all think? I am disgusted with her. I think she is severly depressed. My dad was in the coast guard 26 and 1/2 years,he was a weather forcaster. God I miss him. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by Glen1966; 01-24-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: My dad DIED of stomach cancer

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of your dad and also that your wife has been unsupportive......
How was your marriage before this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #3
(male)

Glen1966 HB User

Hi,ok I suppose,but before this she had a "gay" male friend that hung around her all the time because I was not the "perfect Dr.Phil husband". She had a lot of surgeries,and we had financial stress because of them. We even had to sell the house. I am SOOO tired of loosing things. She even had a cancer scare a while back,and I stood by her then to.
I don't need my son being threatened with jail,he is 15. He has had enough set-backs in his life ALL-READY. It was tramatic ENOUGH losing my DAD. I DON'T need to loose my son to,or even be threatened with it,am I right? I hope so.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I agree that it's not right of her to threaten and try to provoke your son, especially at such a bad time. I guess what they say is true that death brings out the best in people and the worst in people. So does she still pal around with the gay guy? Can you talk to her and tell her how she hurt you with this stuff, especially the timing of it? Do you even want to work things out with her? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, but it's your decision, but don't make it hastily.

Closed Thread