It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
(male)

Colz24 HB User
Do I have Stomach Cancer?

I am a 34 year old male, have a young family and also work full time.
Five years ago my Mother died from an aggressive form of Lung Cancer at the age of 52. She was not a smoker nor a drinker.
Last year my younger sister was diagnosed with Melanoma, she is now recovering from having an operation having taken the affected area away.

I visited my Dr at the beginning of this week as I have been experiencing sharp stabbing pains in both sides of my chest, when I eat I experience terrible acid reflux, a pain that is in the centre of my chest, I also have an uncomforable ache in my lower back. I also get a sharp stabbing sensation at the back of my head. My eye sight seems to have got worse recently as well.
Aside from this I have the odd pain in either of my testicles, all the pains come and go and last for seconds.

These pains are becoming more constant and my Dr has taken blood to test for diabetes, red blood cell count, liver function, glucose, peptic ulcer and iron levels.

The pains are becoming more and more constant and a colleague of mine has just told me that I have lost weight, this has now really spooked me out.
The test results will not be back for another two weeks and now I am really concerned that should I have cancer that it will spread whilst I wait as I have also been getting pins and needles at night and am concerned that this may be metasasis.

Just to add that I have not lived the healthiest of lifestyles, I do not eat any junk food or pacakaged meals, but I do use rich foods and also drink above the weekly limit regularly. I also used to be a 20 a day smoker and still have the occasional few throughout the week at work.

Sorry if this seems stupid but I just wondered if anyone would be able to help with this or had similar symptoms. I am very worried as I love my wife and kids deeply and would not want them to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread