It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
(female)

jansmokeyty HB User
Gastric cancer?

Hello,

Since last week I have been having some symptoms that I am wondering if I should be concerned or not. At night only, I have been getting what I think is indigestion on my left side of the chest. (I am not entirely sure as I have never had it before) it will come and go throughout the night, but it doesn't prevent me from sleeping or wake me up. This morning I was also quite nauseous (spelling?) although I did not vomit, it didn't go away until about lunchtime. This just started this morning though. I was also feeling pretty bloated a little while ago, but it seems that has stopped since I recently started working out. When I tried to look up these symptoms I was getting stomach cancer. Has anyone had these symptoms? should I be worried? I know that they are quite general symptoms, and I usually worry myself sick that I am dying when something feels odd with me and then it just goes away. I am a 24 year old female and there is no history of any kind of cancer in my family. I do not have a loss of appetite, and I have lost 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks, but I would say that is due to me working out.

Last edited by jansmokeyty; 07-06-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User
Re: Gastric cancer?

The symptoms you describe could be a lot of things, the least likely is cancer. Could be hiatal hernia, h pylori, reflux, gastritis or just indigestion. You won't know until you've had it checked and you will only worry until you know. All the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

There are so many things this could be, other than cancer. It could actually be indigestion or gastritis, which is when the lining of the stomach becomes inflamed. It could be gastroesophageal reflux disease, which is when the stomach contents leak up into the esophagus. It could be a heart problem, or it could be some sort of nerve damage. And it could be, simply, a mild form of some sort of virus that is going around.

Usually, though, stomach viruses are gone in a day or two, so I tend to doubt that's the answer, although it still could be. Your best bet is to see a doctor, especially since this has been going on for a week now.

Ruth

You say that it comes and goes throughout the night but doesn't wake you up?

Old 07-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
(female)

jansmokeyty HB User

It definitly does not wake me up. I only had the nausea the one day too.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

Alright...I don't understand something. You said it comes and goes throughout the night, but it doesn't wake you up. Do you mean it comes and goes throughout the EVENING, that is, before you actually go to bed? And was it only that one time that you woke up with nausea?

Also, what do you typically do in the evenings? Do you by any chance sit in a recliner when you watch TV?

Ruth

Old 07-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
(female)

jansmokeyty HB User

sorry, yes I meant in the evening while I am still up. And yes it was only the one time with the nausea. I originally wrote this the day I woke up like that so I thought it was another symptom. I don't sit in a recliner, but I typically am on the couch watching tv.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

The only thing that seems to make sense to me, at the moment, is that you are possibly experiencing a sort of reflux. If you slouch down on the couch, you could be pushing your stomach contents up, which could possibly give you those symptoms.

Best bet, of course, is to see your doctor, especially if it lasts more than two weeks.

Ruth

Old 12-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
(female)

threas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansmokeyty View Post
Hello,

Since last week I have been having some symptoms that I am wondering if I should be concerned or not. At night only, I have been getting what I think is indigestion on my left side of the chest. (I am not entirely sure as I have never had it before) it will come and go throughout the night, but it doesn't prevent me from sleeping or wake me up. This morning I was also quite nauseous (spelling?) although I did not vomit, it didn't go away until about lunchtime. This just started this morning though. I was also feeling pretty bloated a little while ago, but it seems that has stopped since I recently started working out. When I tried to look up these symptoms I was getting stomach cancer. Has anyone had these symptoms? should I be worried? I know that they are quite general symptoms, and I usually worry myself sick that I am dying when something feels odd with me and then it just goes away. I am a 24 year old female and there is no history of any kind of cancer in my family. I do not have a loss of appetite, and I have lost 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks, but I would say that is due to me working out.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
(female)

threas HB User

hi im 44 female i have suffer with cronic heatburn for meny years mosly your diet could couse your simptoms if it dose get wores go to your doctor this can be managed easily and while it can be bad it is more often diet ,stress, and nothing tobe t woryed about

Closed Thread