It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
(female)

Annia41 HB User
Unhappy RE: stomach cancer

My mother was diagnosed with stomach cancer on April 9, 2010. After a laproscopic procedure we found out she had a very large tumor in her stomach the doctor told me then he was pretty sure it was cancerous, well after the biopsy, ct and pet scan results the doctor was right, the cancer had spread to her bones and she was stage 4. my mother had a lot of pain as well as a significant loss of weight. After seeing her oncologist he recommended chemo actually very intensive chemo. My mother had her 1st treatment May 17th, she really did well with the chemo no nausea or anything, she was suppose to have her next treatment on June 1st unfournately she passed away on May 27th, the cancer spread throughout her stomach. It wasn't anything that could be done.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Annia41
klambert (11-17-2010), mich909 (08-30-2011)
Old 06-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

DADDYGIRL HB User
Re: stomach cancer

Hi annia41,
im so sorry to hear about your mother. My father just died also of stomach cancer 2 wks ago and he was just diagnosed 2 months ago. I have so many un answered questions and i was wondering if you would share with me how your mother passed. We tried one round of intense chemo treatment for 5 days and 3 wks later he passed. The dr. Said the tumor was bleeding and they couldn't stop it. Is that what happened to your mom? I am in a daze since all this happened so fast and im wondering if they could of helped him or was it his time to go. Just wondering if you would like to share. Thanks.
Daddys girl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
(female)

Annia41 HB User
Re: stomach cancer

Acutally that was the same thing that happened to my mother, she had a couple of good days and then all of a sudden things took a turn for the worst. I had to call 911 when they got her to the hospital she was combative, incoherent, she didn't know we were there, her hemoglobin was 4.5 they said the tumor was bleeding. They gave her 5 units of blood it helped a little the bleeding slowed down a lot but by then they did another endoscope and the cancer had spread to everything in her stomach. That was May 25th they told us she would live probably days because her kidneys also had quit functioning, she came home Wednesday she was talking, responding,laughing and joking and then Thursday evening she slipped into a coma and died at 9:27pm Thursday night.

The following user gives a hug of support to Annia41:
vh90453 (12-29-2010)
Closed Thread