It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User
Does this sound like stomach cancer?

I see alot of 0 replies - x veiws threads here so I probably wont get much or any replies but what the heck, I'll keep it short and quick.

I've been having alot of burping and stuff like acid. Sometimes my stomach hurts but feels better after belching or having a bowel movement. Been 2 weeks. I don't have any problems eating or getting full too fast.

Tried mylanta, peptobismol and tums...neither really helped. I'm 26yo if anyone wanted to know. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: Does this sound like stomach cancer?

It sounds a bit like GERD to me. Have you seen a gastro doctor? Over the counter meds do not help my GERD at all -but the Nexium (ppi meds) do a help quite a bit. Diet, lifestyle etc all help too, but you need a diagnoses first. Ask you Dr for a Gastro Dr's referral & then you will probably be given a scope. Cancer would be pretty unlikely at your age I would think. Let us know how you go!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi, You should see your Dr. I had the same symptoms two and a half years ago. I had an Endoscopy /Biopsy and it turned out to be H.Pylori. I also have AR/Gerd and a Hiatal Hernia. I would not have known what I had if I didn't go to my Dr.
If OTC Antacids are not helping you may need PPIs.
Why Suffer unnecessarily, I wish you well, Solofelix.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Thanks for the thoughts.

I actually took Nexium years ago for awhile for a similar stomach problem and it fixed it too. So I was thinking I might need to take something like that again.

I've seen the symptoms for H pylori and some sound like mine so I'm not sure.

I had planned to see my doctor but can't til Friday.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Good idea to get it checked out on Friday and all the best,
Let us know how you get on ,
Solofelix.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #6
(female)

hilda02 HB Userhilda02 HB User

sounds very like gerd to me there are a few things that can help are you overweight at all If it is gerd sometimes the problems can be due to being overweight the extra weight puts pressure on the diaphram and can cause gerd problems so it might be asa simple as losing a bit of weight but in saying that it is always worth getting checked out by a doctor. It certainly doesnt sound like anything serious as you have no other symptoms, Hope this helps good luck

Old 06-30-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Ya id say I'm kinda overweight...I mean I could stand to lose a few pounds. Don't think that's that's the problem though. This kinda started all of a sudden.

Last 2 days I've felt fairly decent but I still have the burping thing that makes me uncomfortable.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I honestly dont think weight plays a part at all with this condition.
I have AR/GERD, Hiatal Hernia and Diverticulitis. I am very thin and weigh just 7.stone or 46.KG. I do think Diet (As in Healthy) plays a large part which I have foind out with my own stomach issues.
Its a good idea to get it checked out and I wish you well. Solofelix.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Sorry I hadn't replied again. I actually started feeling better until like 2 days ago so finally went to see my doctor and he gave me nexium so...ya.

Only thing I forgot to mention this slight pain in my back. Just a small area that only hurts if I move a certain way or sometimes when I take a deep breathe. Its near my right shoulder-blade.

Can acid reflux make your back sore too? Didn't have it til this stomach problem came around.

Closed Thread