It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
(male)

onetimeuser HB User
All the symptom's of stomach cancer but do you think it is?

Hi there, sorry about the lenth but if anyone could come up with any suggestions that would give me a idea then that would be gladly appreciated.

I am a 18 year old male and I have been experiencing symptoms of that have the hints of cancer. Now i know it is extremely rare to have stomach cancer younger than 50 year old never mind at 18 but, although it is rare it is possible. I have a severe pain in my stomach, mainly in the middle but all around. I also am experiencing immense tiredness, no matter how much sleep I get I will be exausted and nearly falling asleep, for example three days ago I had 17 hours while waking up and then had to force myself to get up and go to work, where I got sent home from 1 minute into my shift for not being well. Also when I go to the toilet I sometimes, not always, have blood in my stool. Now I realise this may be just a cut or something similar but I am not sure.

Another thing is that I used to eat for fun but wasn't ever able to put on weight, well anything except chocolate which I am not the biggest fan of, but now I struggle to eat. Let me rephrase that I have no problems eating and drinking but I lack the appetite I once had, but this could be due to just a natural loss of appetite. I also am burping constantly whereas I never used to burp at all, excluding the odd time here and there. I'm starting to get a mixture of constipation and diahhrea. What I mean by that is that I feel constipated for a long time and when I finally am able to go to the toilet its turning out to be diarreah. I'm also feeling sick quite a bit of the time.

The thing is that I had blood tests done a few months ago but the doctors informed me my blood was perfect. Also I have been to my doctor of 14 years 3 times for this and each time it has got worse and worse. He just keeps dismissing my claims and prescribes me ranatadine which doesn't seem to be working. This doctor doesn't seem to take patients opinions into question so I have requested to see another doctor tomorrow which is what im going to do, but since my appointment isn't for 17 more hours I was hoping I could get some opinions of the people on here please.

Thanks for your time all of you who will read over this and give replys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
(male)

onetimeuser HB User
Re: All the symptom's of stomach cancer but do you think it is?

right guys my doctor isn't sure of what it is and hasn't ruled out cancer as being a possibility. I got blood taken then and am going for scans next week. But i mean guys come on 209 views and no replys please someone reply...

Old 09-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Keep in mind, some of those views are from search engine bots, not users.

Red blood in the toilet is usually a problem low down on the digestive tract, such as a cut. Problems in the stomach usually produce BLACK blood.

Yes, cancer at your age is extremely unlikely.

Normally I'd suggest ulcers, gallbladder problem, etc. The extreme fatigue doesn't fit, though. Could you possibly have a parasite?

Have you lost weight?

The pain, when is it worst and when is it least? Does anything seem to help?

Old 09-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Sounds more like it could be a inflammatory disease maybe Crohns? What did you find out?

Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User

Would be interesting to hear what that other doctor said. I'm sure you are okay. Everyone gets diarrhea or constipation once in a while. Stomach ache could be gas pain. Or some indigestion. To burp is normal, I have been a burper all my life and nothing wrong with my stomach.
The extreme fatigue comes probably from sleeping too much, don't you know too much sleep is just as bad as not enough sleep? Once in a great while I sleep too much and I feel dopey all day long.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimeuser View Post
Hi there, sorry about the lenth but if anyone could come up with any suggestions that would give me a idea then that would be gladly appreciated.

I am a 18 year old male and I have been experiencing symptoms of that have the hints of cancer. Now i know it is extremely rare to have stomach cancer younger than 50 year old never mind at 18 but, although it is rare it is possible. I have a severe pain in my stomach, mainly in the middle but all around. I also am experiencing immense tiredness, no matter how much sleep I get I will be exausted and nearly falling asleep, for example three days ago I had 17 hours while waking up and then had to force myself to get up and go to work, where I got sent home from 1 minute into my shift for not being well. Also when I go to the toilet I sometimes, not always, have blood in my stool. Now I realise this may be just a cut or something similar but I am not sure.

Another thing is that I used to eat for fun but wasn't ever able to put on weight, well anything except chocolate which I am not the biggest fan of, but now I struggle to eat. Let me rephrase that I have no problems eating and drinking but I lack the appetite I once had, but this could be due to just a natural loss of appetite. I also am burping constantly whereas I never used to burp at all, excluding the odd time here and there. I'm starting to get a mixture of constipation and diahhrea. What I mean by that is that I feel constipated for a long time and when I finally am able to go to the toilet its turning out to be diarreah. I'm also feeling sick quite a bit of the time.

The thing is that I had blood tests done a few months ago but the doctors informed me my blood was perfect. Also I have been to my doctor of 14 years 3 times for this and each time it has got worse and worse. He just keeps dismissing my claims and prescribes me ranatadine which doesn't seem to be working. This doctor doesn't seem to take patients opinions into question so I have requested to see another doctor tomorrow which is what im going to do, but since my appointment isn't for 17 more hours I was hoping I could get some opinions of the people on here please.

Thanks for your time all of you who will read over this and give replys.
I am so glad youíre going to another doctor. your right it would be very unusual for you to have stomach cancer at your age. Does cancer run in your family? Have you been under a lot of stress? Anxiety alone can cause stomach problems. There are many reasons that you can have blood in your stool besides it being cancer.

Having said all the above, make sure this new doctor checks your out thoroughly. Don't allow this new doctor to push you around just because your young.

good luck!

hugs and prayers being said for you!

The following user gives a hug of support to Daisy65:
felivision (01-19-2012)
Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
(female)

fineartmarcella HB User

Sounds like Candida, have you done a spit test? Google it, it is almost 100% accurate and that sounds just like your symptoms!

Closed Thread