It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
(female)

sarahp1975 HB User
Desperate for some help and really poorly.

Hi all
Im very poorly and worried, about a year ago I stated having gastric acid in my stomach, and started sleeping longer, not getting up until 2pm on my days off, and ive had bouts of vomitting on an off,and had a swollen tummy alot,with and without abdominal pain, I was then diagnosed with hypothyroidism and pernicious anaemia and started on vitamin b12 injections, we needed very frequent injections as I was still really tired and having stomach issues and the levels were staying low. 2 weeks ago I was found to have folate deficiency as im now not breaking down folic acid in my stomach. In the past 2 weeks ive barely eaten anything and ive lost 12lb in weight, ive had constant diarrhoea and im still soooooo very tired, ive now got a cold too as my immunity is rubbish.
On my last blood test my white count and cells were slightly elevated, but all ok, apart from an mcv of 100 which is always so. Ive also been tested for coeliacs, but the result was negative, im so very frightened that ive got stomach cancer, and the Drs have booked me for an endoscopy, im so frightened all of the time that something is really wrong, I feel so tired and terrible, its as though my stomach is just not interested in anything at all, Ive had a good few health problems including 2 huge spinal surgeries following an accident, but ive never been worried like this, the drs arent helping anymore ive just got to wait for the endoscopy which is taking forever, I know that im more frightened because 2 years ago 2 young women I knew who were in their late 20s both died from stomach cancer after a long battle, and im terrified about being unwell for so long, I just want to be normal again.
Thank you for listening, and in advance for any advice xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
(female)

sarahp1975 HB User
Re: Desperate for some help and really poorly.

Ive been back to the Dr today, they have referred me to the oncology team to run urgent tests, and ive had more bloods done. Ive got to go back on Monday and if im still not able to eat they will admit me to hospital, but im hoping that it doesnt come to that. Im scared but hoping for a positive outcome.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: sarahp1975
Bryan119 (11-14-2011), bubblegirl (09-29-2011), uknicnac (09-29-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry because the worry will increase any acid in the stomach & make the symptoms worse! I know this for a fact- I have GERD & my symptoms are much worse when I stress about anything at all!

The endoscopy will tell them what is going on- the sooner you have that done, the better! Meanwhile I wish you the best of luck & I will be thinking of you!

Please get back here & tell us how you went with the appointment.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
(female)

sarahp1975 HB User

Thanks so much, Im usually the most chilled out person in the world, but not this time, it doesnt help that ive been off sick for so long and my pay is being stopped, its all very stressful, I am lucky that I have a great partner beside me and a wonderful 16 year old, they keep me smiling and feeling safe everyday, I dont know if I could do this without them both! Will keep posting as I hear any news, Im soooo dry im feeling a bit like a baked prune today, but managing to sip drinks!

Old 11-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
(female)

proudnavymom50 HB User

hope you have had your endoscopy and all came back fine

Closed Thread