It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
(male)

livingproofPG HB User
Unhappy Scared I have stomach cancer! :(

A few weeks ago I had surgery on my leg, and had no subsequent stomach pain. However, the last few days I've had an upset stomach. It started around the time I went off my oxycodone and went on 1000mg of extra strength Tylenol, then 750, then 500 and now am not on it anymore. But they both have acetaminophen in them so I don't understand. I've had diarrhea for a few days, going 4-5 times a day. I'm really scared I have stomach cancer, but my family thinks I'm being paranoid which I probably am. They think it is just the amount of medication I am taking. But I'm still nervous Any thoughts?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Scared I have stomach cancer! :(

I dont believe this is Cancer. You would have had blood tests before your surgery and it would have been detected.
You have been on heavy painkillers and that alone would upset the stomach. As soon as your medication is reduced I'm sure there will be an improvement. In the meantime you could take some probiotics that would help also Aloe-Vera Digestive Juice is good.
No doubt you will have a follow up with your Dr and I suggest you mention your fears to him, though I'm sure he will say the same as me.
All the best,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread