It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Stomach Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

Farrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB User
First GI appointment-Pleae advise

Hi all,
I'm finally getting into the GI doc in a week. I'm not sure what I should ask or testing wise. I want to get throughly checked out as I've been feeling pretty bad. I'll be quick becaue I have posted here before.

-Shortness of breath
-intense stomach burning/gnawing/raw feeling-This gets pretty bad to where it keeps me up at night.
-nausea
-thrown up once along with loose stools
-constipation/loose stools
-Loss of appetite when I feel this way
-Tender to the touch on the right upper abdomen

The odd thing is that this wil come one for a few days then suddenly gone for a week then back again.

Test already done:
Abdominal CT with dye-normal
-Upper GI series barium swallow-normal with a little relfux
-tons of blood work-normal
-abdominal US which i'm still waiting on these results.

2 questions
Any ideas what this could be?
What test should I have done?

Thanks so much. Getting really scared about all this becuase it's been going on for months and no one can find anything. I'm only 30 but Praying it's not cancer

Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

glove9298 HB User
Re: First GI appointment-Pleae advise

Did you get your results yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
(female)

dizziedame HB User

It sounds as though you have what I have and that's gerd (gastro esophagial reflux disease), you did mention that they saw that in the upper GI series. You'd be surprised at how uncomfortable this can make you feel. All the symptoms you've mentioned sound as if it's what you have. The fact that you've had it for months tells me that it isn't just the odd episode of acid reflux that some people get. Mine is now chronic and I'm on Nexium twice a day as it's become worse over a ten year period of time. I wouldn't worry about anything sinister showing up on your ultra sound, but good that you're getting one done for peace of mind. I hope you feel better soon and maybe your doctor will recommend trying some medication to get your reflux under control. The acid that washes around and into your esoplagus can make you feel really lousy. I'm no doctor, but I'm wondering if, in the mean time if it might help to take some Gaviscon before going to bed, I say this because after laying down at night, that's when the acid comes up and irritates your stomach and esophagus, the Gaviscon will coat your stomach and keep it from causing to much irritation and damage. I'm also due to get an ultra sound as well, good luck with yours.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
(female)

Farrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB User

Getting endosopy results monday but he did see some inflamation in my stomach. I also discovered via stool test I"m not producing enough bile so i'm supplementing with Ox bile and I have been feeling better. Thanks for the input

Closed Thread