It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2003, 02:33 AM   #1
Inactive

pdrq221 HB User
Post possible testicular cancer?

hi, I'm a 16 yr old male (obviously) and for as long as I can remember (or for as long as I've paid much attention to my genitals) one of my testicles has seemed much larger than the other. it doesn't look larger from the outside but when feeling them it does feel a lot larger.

I've never thought much about it, and I've been in for sports physicals and it's never been noticed (never been examined though). There aren't any lumps on either of them and they feel pretty smooth, and I've read that its normal to have different sized testicles, but im not sure to what extent that means.

also i know im probably too young for cancer and its highly doubtful that this is abnormal, but ive just been wondering lately...any replies would be helpful

Old 08-01-2003, 04:24 AM   #2
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hi there -

I think what you are describing sounds totally normal, and I applaud you for paying attention to your body that way. It is totally normal for testicles to be different sizes, just as most women have one breast that is larger than the other. Many people have a foot that is larger than the other, you get my point.

That said, the average age range for testicular cancer is 17-32. You are very close to that. If you have always had a testicle that is larger than the other, and there is no pain or no lumps, I wouldn't worry much about it. But keep doing exams. I am sure there are many sites that would give you a great description, and possibly pictures, on how to do a thorough testicular exam.

Again, congrats on being so self-aware. This will serve you well in the long run. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread