It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User
Testicular cancer? I've had this for 5+ years now..

This is going to sound like a joke, yes I am very stupid for what happened, but it's serious.

I woke up one day and my scrotum ached, I didn't think much of it at the time, the pain went away after a few minutes, the next day I checked down there and I noticed that my right testicle was a little bigger than my left. I was pretty young when that happened, 13-14 years old, I didn't think it was anything serious so I didn't do anything about it. I had just started masterbating then and I thought that's what caused it and I was too embarrased to say anything because I didn't want my parents to know I masterbate (I thought it wasn't normal). so after a few days the ache was all gone, it was still noticably bigger but I could do everything fine, pee, masterbate, and so on.

I don't remember exactly what I did about it, I remember that maybe 6 months to a year after that I found out that it could be cancer and I got very very depressed and was pretty sure I would one day sleep and never wake up (I didn't even know how cancer killed or how it worked).. and everywhere I read it said "curable if detected early" and I knew I was late, but I thought 6 months-1 year was very very late and that it was uncurable now, but I knew it was my fault for not saying anything soon and I just left it and after a while I just got really angry and did not mind dying, I was pretty much just waiting for it.

so that was about 5 years ago, right now it is noticably bigger but I don't know if there are any lumps, I don't know how a normal testicle is supposed to feel like because I was too young when it happened, I don't know if my right one grew or my left one shrank, but my left one seems awfully small now that I think about it.... my right one is hard, I can't press on it, it hurts. sometimes I see a lot of veins on my left one (like a verocele or whatever that is)..

what do you guys think? is it cancer? if it was, wouldn't the tumor have grown very large by now? I don't have any side effects, very major depression, always extremely tired. That's it. So if it is it probably did not spread? I don't feel anything rock hard that feels like a lump on any of my testicles.

I should be going to the doctor as soon as I find one.

oh and I have a swollen lymp node on the left side of my abdomen, it has been there for as long as I can remember, it's hard but it's not painful, and it doesn't grow, it's been the same size since I had it.

Last edited by joebloggs2; 09-23-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 02:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Testicular cancer? I've had this for 5+ years now..

Hey bud, it isn't cancer. Cancer appears as a hard lump or bump on your testicle. One of your testicles is a bit larger than the other and one hangs a bit lower, we're made that way. Although is usually the left, it doesn't necessarily have to be. I do think its time for a checkup just for your own peace of mind, you've been worried about this for a while so do yourself a favor and find a doc. Share everything with him/her and get a good check up down there. I suspect you'll find everything is fine! Good luck!

Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

No it's definitely NOT normal, it's *way* bigger than the other one, and it's not the same shape, it doesn't feel like a smooth oval, the surface is different, and I think there is a lump at the bottom, but I don't know, it's small and it doesnt' feel hard.

Is it normal for the testicle to hurt if you press on it?

Old 09-24-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

zak HB User

If it was cancer you'd be dead by now.

Depends on how hard you press your testicle regarding pain. Why not see a doc and ease your mind?

Old 09-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

What can it be? I really hope it's curable without me losing a testicle, that's my biggest fear right now.

I am trying to see a doctor, looking for one my insurance covers, I think I have one but he only will take me on Monday. Wish me luck!

Old 09-27-2004, 02:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Hey bud, glad you're seeing a doc. Good Luck and let us know what you find out!

Old 09-27-2004, 06:31 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

doctor said it's likely it's a hydrocele but I don't get something. If it is, then shouldn't the testicle itself be the same size and the scrotum expand because the fluid is outside the testicle, not in the scrotum in the pictures I've seen. He told me to go see a urologist to get surgery to fix it, I am trying to find one atm.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:07 PM   #8

DaBu2112 HB User

I've had an over 3 year scare. I have a lump on my right testicle what I was so sure was cancer. Today I got an ultrasound and the tech couldn't find a thing on there. I even pointed it out to him where it was and he said it had to be veins or something. Not even a cyst. He showed me the pics and said there was absolutely nothing to worry about 'cause there was nothing there.

This caused me so much anxiety that I can't even describe it. I thought I was going to die and was just waiting it out. But I finally decided to get it checked. I'm glad I did. I think today is going to change the way I feel.

Closed Thread