It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #1
(male)

Walty10 HB User
testicular cancer questions?

The other day I was performing my first testicular exam when I found what seemed to be a small (pea size maybe a but smaller) hard painless lump on my testicle. I completley freaked out and saw the urologist the next day. He felt around for awhile and couldnt find what i was talking about at first but then he said he found what i was talking about. He said it was just some sort of a tube or something that is supposed to be there and it may just have a cyst on it. He told me that I shouldnt worry and even went so far as to say that I "shouldnt be embarrased over coming in about something like this." He then said just to be 100% sure i would have an ultrasound done on my scrotum. The only thing is that I have to wait a week for this. Two questions....

1. Im still worried that he may have missed something for misdiagnosed it. I mean all the tests tell you that testicular cancer shows up as a peasize hard painless lump... just like I have. Im just really worried because he still wants to have this test and Im just afraid its going to come back that I really do have cancer. Should I really be worried at all?

2. If it is only a cyst... what is the normal course of action with that? Someone that I know told me that they had two testicular cysts and they did nothing about them, but I also saw on a website once that cysts are sometimes removed. Any info on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2004, 02:29 PM   #2

lonly112000 HB User
Re: testicular cancer questions?

hey dude uh i know that what you have seems bad but ive always been told there is always someone worse off than me and im alot worse off im only 12 (had to put birth date later so they would let me in) and i have a marbal sized painful hard lump on my right testicle.

Old 11-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #3

Earl Quastie HB User

Ultrasound is near 100% effective -- that'll see whether you have TC or not.

Old 11-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #4

cheysmom HB User

I would like to know the answer to that question also. My 15yr old son was diagnosed (with the use uf a sono) with a cyst on his T. Dont know what they have planned to do next. The Dr.s are still deciding. Could this be cancer @ his early age?

Closed Thread