It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2002, 06:20 PM   #1
(male)

Dude17 HB User
Question How do you avoid future testicular cancer?

Hi, when I was younger I had a habit of constantly feeling up my testicles. Basically I would do it and not even know I was doing it, and be told to stop by my parents. I hear that for women sleeping with their bra on can cause future breast cancer, and I was wondering if constantly touching the testicles and sometimes aggressivly could cause problems in the future. Please share your thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2002, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Here's some information on testicular cancer, including prevention:
[url="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/testicularcancer.html"]http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/testicularcancer.html[/url]

Breast cancer and sleeping with a bra - sounds like an urban myth. Sleeping with a bra may cause abrasions [scrapes] and some minor skin irritation - but cancer, don't think so.

Your parents may just have wanted to make sure you wouldn't touch your privates in public - so they told you to stop the behaviour entirely. Young children can't always draw the line between acceptable or unacceptable public behaviour. [They probably discouraged you from picking your nose - same idea.]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread