It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 07:46 PM   #1

Oh'eck HB User
Post Testicular Cancer?

I'm 19 and for the last few weeks I've noticed a dull pain in my left testicle that seems to come and go. I've also detected a 'lump' at the top of the left testicle - I'm not sure if this is the "epididymis" or not - how am I meant to tell the difference having no idea what its meant to feel like?.
This may be related or a different issue but I also passed a Kidney stone 2 months back and have, of late, been passing urine like there's no tomorrow- just can't seem to 'retain' for long periods.

I've decided to go for a check up - but they'll probably end up refering me to someone else and so on. I'm also fairly concerned about what they'll tell me.

Thanks

Alex.

Old 08-24-2003, 10:03 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Oh'eck:
I'm 19 and for the last few weeks I've noticed a dull pain in my left testicle that seems to come and go. I've also detected a 'lump' at the top of the left testicle - I'm not sure if this is the "epididymis" or not - how am I meant to tell the difference having no idea what its meant to feel like?.
The lump might be the epididymis or the rete testis. I do appreciate, though, that any pains (or what not) having to do with the testicles is very unsettling. I totally think you should get it checked out, because it'll make you feel a lot better. The thing with this kind of thing, a common theme arises (something that I say a lot on this board..ESPECIALLY with testicular problems) is that you can get hypervigilant and start concentrating on your testicles and paying attention to things you normally wouldn't....over time, this can lead to paranoia (which sucks)....but if you get it checked out and there's nothing wrong, you will feel much better.
Quote:
This may be related or a different issue but I also passed a Kidney stone 2 months back and have, of late, been passing urine like there's no tomorrow- just can't seem to 'retain' for long periods.
I don't think this is related to your testicular discomfort, but the frequent urinating might be an after-effect of the stone. Are you drinking a ton of water right now by any chance?
Quote:
I've decided to go for a check up - but they'll probably end up refering me to someone else and so on. I'm also fairly concerned about what they'll tell me.

Thanks
Yeah..you might get referred to a urologist.

Alex. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 07:30 AM   #3

roydeboy HB User
I have recently found a very hard lump, its quite big on my right testicle, I am quite worried, 29 years old, I know I should see a doctor but i am nervous

anybody else go through this?

Old 08-31-2003, 07:54 PM   #4

robinlee HB User
i went throuh testicular cancer with my ex-husband 5 years ago and it was the hardest thing ever i had thought untill it came back 3 years later in his lung and the doctor didnt think he would beat it, the thing with testicular cancer is if your gonna get it you will get it 27,28,or 29 years old thats the time you will get it if you do get it, not at nineteen years old thats too young,we noticed a lump in his left testicle when he was about 27 so the doctors removed the testicle and yes you can live without it,the our mistake was we listened to the doctor and didnt get chemo, we did learn later that because we didnt get the chemo it had came back a few years lare in his lung after 4 months of chemo and surgery we did get rid off it again so its been 3 years and no sign of it. so i hope this will work for you.thank you

Old 09-07-2003, 05:00 PM   #5

keb20 HB User
dear robinlee,
in regards to your comment about the age at which you can get testicular cancer i have to disagree. my brother was only nineteen when he was diagnosed with a very agressive form of testicular cancer. after surgery and 5 chemo treatments he has been in remission for over 4 years. but it can strike young as my family learned.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:22 PM   #6
(female)

littlelulu1937 HB User
My husband had this cancer at age 55 in 1982. Had surgery & a round of radiation. No reoccurence in 20+ years. Still an active downhill skier At age 75!

Old 09-09-2003, 05:43 PM   #7
(female)

LynneJW HB User
I know someone who was diagnosed at age 17.
He's fine now. (4 years later)

Closed Thread