It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 08:15 PM   #1

DaleJrFan8 HB User
Exclamation testicular cancer

i have been having a cramping feeling in my crotch/ pelvis area, i have been checking myself for lumps, i feel lumps on top, but i know there is the epiditymis, but my testicles feel really sensitive, and that ache that i have is kind of on and off. please i would like some feedback

Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
(male)

rIcHrD HB User
Re: testicular cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJrFan8
i have been having a cramping feeling in my crotch/ pelvis area, i have been checking myself for lumps, i feel lumps on top, but i know there is the epiditymis, but my testicles feel really sensitive, and that ache that i have is kind of on and off. please i would like some feedback
A few words...

You may have testicular cancer if you have lumps that grow rapidly. You will be diagnosed with cancer only if the above happens and the lumps grow to become highly visible and palpable (i.e. to the point where you no longer have to feel for them, but they're so large, walking becomes inconvenient). At that point, ultrasound will be done just to make sure the lump is what they thought it was, then a biopsy to study it and decide on the treatment.

A few points to take from the above. If you have testicular cancer, you are unlikely to die from it. Even if you do, it would take a long time - so no point even being the faintest bit concerned now. Most people do not have testicular cancer and never get it. Looking at lumps that can't yet be seen is useful only in that you have an idea of what is normal for you and any changes that occur in the future so that if you do get a rapidly growing lump that approaches the size of a grape, you have a good idea which questions to ask your doctor and what will happen. Other than that, you're highly unlikely to even get looked at if you present with a lump that isn't visible let alone one that may or may not be the epididymus.

Unfortunately, no I've never had testicular cancer so I can't tell you any more than what you know about what to look for. And if I were you, I wouldn't waste too much time checking it out, unless you're in excruciating pain or have functional difficulties related to your testicles. Else (as screening for testitcular cancer is poor), you will just get groped behind closed doors, told everything feels fine and told not to worry about it and only come back if it changes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread