It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
(male)

4806 HB User
Testicular Cancer & Radiation

Hi, i just had my left testicle removed and i am to undergo radiation treatment. what is the procedure. what can i expect? are there any side effects? please help me if you can.

Old 08-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
(male)

rk33 HB User
Re: Testicular Cancer & Radiation

Did they tell you the type of cancer. I had mine removed in 1998 and decided against the radiation. I wish I would have now because I always have that doubt in my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 06:42 AM   #3
(male)

4806 HB User

no they didnt specify what type of cancer it was. im on my second week of radiation. do you have a prosthetic? im scheduled to see a doctor for that 2nd week of september.
thanks so much for your response. keep in touch

Old 08-09-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
(male)

rk33 HB User

No, Just a empty space, My kind was Simenoma which is supposed to be one of the better kinds or more treatable. I am having some chest issues now and undergoing test, I'm scared because that is one of the places it may also appear or so I have been told, I'm a Maint. Mechanic at a hospital, I guess you say I see to much and here more than need to. Just the word cancer scares me to death. But I guess there is not much we can do but pray to God. I have 2 kids 14 & 6 I worry about not being around later "if you know what I mean". I had mine removed in Feb 1998 & we did invetrofertilazion and by Gods grace my daughter was born on the following Fathers Day weekened. Thats actually how they found mine, my wife and I were trying to have a child and was having no luck, she went through test after test thinking it was her with the problem but afterwards she asked me to go in for check up and they found it and I tellya that was the last thing I was thinking they would say. I really had no pain other than what I thought was normal from the work I do. Please ask if you have any questions, I know your fealing, or least I go into panic mode when I here the C word., Kevin
By the way you will not even miss it, one still does the job.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
(female)

PAYNE_PAYNE HB User

I am so sorry I do not know the name of my husbands but he had testicular cancer in 2001 and he is now 35.. HE DID NOT HAVE RADIATION it was recommended but we felt we had more faith in God... WE LIVE DAILY WITH SHOULD WE HAVE GOT THE RADIATION OR NOT I THINK YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING !! I will tell you this he has a check up every 6 months and we regret it everytime we go..... I was devastated and he was too but we make the most of it ... CHERISH EVERY DAY God has plans for you or he would have taken you out already and that is the way we look at it.. Hubby is very healthy to our knowledge his was actually INSIDE THE RIGHT TESTICLE and we were told when it is INSIDE THE TESTICLE your chances of it ever coming back is 1% The doctor told us that Marks was completely removed but he had that one chance......... Now here is the kicker to anyone who is reading this.... we had just had our first son and my husband was generous to get a vasectomy something just kept us from doing that ............. IF HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE VASECTOMY HE WOULD HAVE HAD CANCER THROUGHOUT HIS WHOLE ENTIRE BODY THE DOCTOR SAID because his was enclosed inside the one testicle it made it to where the doc said he got 99.9 % Watch the signs of your body they will tell off on you very fast.... My hubby had pain while ejaculating and also pain to the touch... One more piece of advice men PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO CHECK THEMSELVES it will pay off in the end............ Since all my reserach I have also found out men can get breast cancer too ........ CHECK YOURSELVES PLEASE !!!!! GOD BLESS

Old 09-28-2005, 06:10 AM   #6
(male)

4806 HB User

thank you for your kind and informative response. greatly appreciated.
regards,
rob

Closed Thread