It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
(male)

ny2125 HB User
testicular cancer question

when doing a self-exam, does one feel for a lump/small bump on the actual testicle or anywhere on the scrotum? thanks for clarifying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
(male)

shakorox HB User
Re: testicular cancer question

To perform a testicular-self-exam (TSE) its important to first familiarize your self with your body when it is healthy so that you could recognize a change. When and if you do notice a change, its time to go to the doctor for an exam and ultrasound. As cancers go, these tumors grow pretty quickly; untreated they could double in size in under a month. So needless to say, you can't waste time being squeamish about squeezing the Charmin, because time is really of the essence.
If you're right-handed, then place your left hand under your right testicle, lightly supporting it. Next, using your right hand, gently roll that testicle between the thumb and index finger, feeling for anything unusual. It should feel smooth and firm, but not hard. There should not be any bumps or lumps. Repeat for the left testicle. (If you are left-handed, simply reverse hands.)
The best place to perform this is in the bath or shower. The warm water relaxes the structual scrotum and lets you feel the contours of the tesical.
Testicular cancer generally presents as a lump/bump on the testical itself. There is other hardware down there such as the epidydimus and often guys think this is a lump and freak out, however going to the urologist is easier than one would think and if you have questions about anything they are the ones to ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
(male)

worry82 HB User
small lump on left testicle

I know this sounds bad but I've had a small pea size lump on the bottom my left testicle for a few years and I never thought anything of it, until now! Its stayed the same size up till now. Dont really have any bad pain anywhere. I was wondering what could this be? What kind of symptoms would or should I have?
Thanks

Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
(male)

Believer63 HB User
Re: testicular cancer question

Usually, a cancerous tumor will grow enough in two years to be really noticeable. Any change in size is cause for concern. You could have a hydrocele which is a collection of fluid in your testicle area which is treated with antibiotics... Still, YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS CHECKED OUT so I highly recommend going to see a Urologist as soon as possible to rule out anything worse. Likely he will order an ultrasound, then take it from there. I had testicular cancer and I waited longer than I needed in order to get checked.... hope everything turns out OK....let us know!

Closed Thread