It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
(male)

alex1987 HB User
epididymitis/testicular cancer?

I have had a lump on my testicle for about 3 years but was always too scared to go to the doctors about it, i know i should have done but i didnt. it was painless but inside my scrotum did not feel right. finally the other day i went to the doctors as i had been experiencing some lower back pain and was getting concerned. the doctor said that the lump itself was not attached to the testicle and that she thinks it is epididymitis, and gave me some antibiotics to take for a week, i have been referred to the hospital for an ultrasound aswell. i have been taking the tablets for a few days and it has not done anything really, however my testicle does appear to be hurting a little more now since i started taking them, slight pains. i did not tell the doctor that this had been there for so long, i said a few months. is it possible that it has been epididymitis right from the start? or is it likely that it is something else as it has been there so long?

i guess the ultrasound will reveal all, but do you think it is likely that if it will need to be taken out?

thanks

Old 08-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
(male)

acky83 HB User
Smile Re: epididymitis/testicular cancer?

Hey dude, I had epididimitis a few years ago, it took over a month to seattle down even after the antibiotics the ultra sound just confirmed what it was, something to do with swollen vascular (veins) they were very sensitive. I was a bit confused at first because I was having no sexual activity (other than my own!) at the time but found out later it's not an std. they have been fine ever since

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread