It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
(male)

teegarden HB User
TRT/testicular cancer

Due to testicular cancer, I longer have any testicles. It's been two years now
and no cancer has returned, thank you Jesus! I have been dealing with a lot of emotional issues along with financial issues, due to the emotional issues, I guess. They are getting worse. Basically I hate my world! I haven't had any medication for two weeks now (Androgel 100mg/day) and can't afford it anymore, bottom line! I felt ok when I was on it, better some days than others, but felt like I could be happy or content. Always had a high libito so all that stuff was working (below average though). Going into the surgery and treatment, insurance ruled a pre-existing condition so there's a 70k bill now and now can't get insurance to cover the cost of the Androgel. My doctor canceled my last perscription refill for a non-payment to her on my end from last visit (my bad). Can't afford it anyway at $550/month but was going to try. Well, I think that was the last straw. I'm done....! This is a life long treatment and I just can't afford to live basically. So I quit TRT two weeks ago and now feeling the repercussions,(can't sleep but tired, weight gain, emotional) which I knew would happen. I have educated myself with this disorder and know all the problems associated with it. Well, maybe not all but quite a bit. Anyway, unless I find a better solution $$$wise...that can be just as effective or somewhat close, I'm gonna call it quits....no, not that, I have a mother. I mean hope, meaning I will seperate myself from society, and give up on mankind. I will have nothing to live for and won't want to! When my mother passes then I can think about the other way out. Bottom line....Can anybody please tell me an inexpensive TRT that is effective? I need Help....PLEASE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Re: TRT/testicular cancer

First let me say I am so sorry you are feeling this way. You have been through so much.

Have you checked with the maker of the medication you take ? Sometimes they have programs that help with the cost. Please put in your search the maker of the medication and see what you can find. Good luck and please take care of yourself.

A Friend Lilsis

Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
(male)

Jris HB User

I'm sorry for you..I lost 1 of my testicles to testicular cancer 15 yrs. ago. I wonder, was it necessary to remove both? Not trying to second guess, just curious..Peace to you..

Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
(male)

teegarden HB User

Hey Jim...I really didn't have a choice. Had the other one removed when I was younger due to same thing. Damn the luck huh.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
(male)

teegarden HB User

Thanks for your thoughts, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I mean I don't want any pitty party's for me, even though it may have sounded that way. I guess I am just venting. Just so frustrated lately. I did check into what you mentioned and there is some sort of discounted price for certain situations. Thanks for your help.

Closed Thread