It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2002, 12:43 PM   #1

aaron2k3 HB User
Post Testicular appendages and testicular cancer (Please Help!)

2 days ago I noticed a small, hard lump on the top pole of my right testicle. It is about half a centimeter from the beginning of my epididymis(sp?). Well, needless to say I freaked out. I went straight to the urologist yesterday (never been to very many doctors, so I decided to go straight to the pro's) and after examining me for about 2 minutes he said "Oh, this is nothing", he told me that it was a testicular appendage, its been there since I was born, and many people have them.
So I was pretty relieved. But, now I got to thinking... If its been there forever why am I just now noticing it (I'm 21)? Also, if alot of people have them, then shoudn't alot of people be having the same scare that I'm having? Im very much thinking about getting a second opinion and/or an ultrasound. I was just wondering if anybody has any information on how to tell the difference between the two conditions (there sound very similiar to me). Or am I just overreacting?

[This message has been edited by aaron2k3 (edited 12-14-2002).]

Old 12-14-2002, 05:08 AM   #2
Inactive

focus HB User
a testicular appendage is a pretty generic term. It basically means anything attached to the testicle. Of which there are many thing attached to the testicle. Having said that, I'm not sure what you are feeling there. I know on my testicles there are many tubes connecting to them on the back of them, but there's nothing hard feeling in there. It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion or an ultrasound. For years my regular doctor told me my large varicocele was fine. It wasn't until I got a second opinion from a urologist and an ultrasound that I found it was causing all of my pain and was restricting blood flow to my left testicle, causing it to shrink, and I had surgery to correct the problem.

Get a second opinion for peace of mind. However, since the lump you feel isn't on the surface of the testicle itself, I doubt you have testicular cancer or anything like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread