It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
(male)

Rigdon HB User
Has anyone had/got testicular cancer? I've found a lump...

Hello,

I'm 23 years old and have found a lump on my right testicle. Worryingly so, it doesn't hurt if I apply pressure to it and it is about the size of a pea. I don't have any of the other symptoms of testicular cancer (pain, an ache or a pulling sensation), but that's not much consolation as the pea-sized lump seems to be the de facto symbol of cancer down there.

If I'm honest, it's been there for some time now but I've been putting off going to the doctors as I'm scared of what the result might be. I've been hoping it would go away, but obviously it's not so I'm going to have to go and get it checked out. I'm at college, so I'm just going to go to the local health centre here rather than travel back home.

Does anyone know the procedure? Do I just show them my scrotum and the doctor proceeds to feel for lumps? I'm dreading going; it's going to be so invasive. Then I'll have to go through the whole ordeal of telling my parents and everyone that I've got cancer. I'm also at the end of my final year in university and I don't want my degree to be affected by this i.e. I don't want to not graduate due to the treatment or whatever.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rigdon For This Useful Post:
downtoearthguy (11-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: Has anyone had/got testicular cancer? I've found a lump...

Rig, early intervention is KEY to everything. Please GO TO THE DOCTORS as soon as possible. The thing is, like when I found my breast lump which thank God was not cancer, I too was afraid. But we MUST call our doctor and find out what is happening.

Again, please be checked ASAP, you will be glad that you did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
(male)

Rigdon HB User

I'm booked into the doctors for Friday morning.

I don't even know whether it is bad or not yet, but I can't stop thinking about it. It's absolutely consuming me. I've never been so scared in all my life....

Last edited by Rigdon; 03-03-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
(male)

blues1986 HB User

Keep us updated please.

Even if it is the "c" word, testicular cancer is treatable. You should not worry about it. Just think positively.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 AM   #5
(male)

Rigdon HB User

Well, I've just had my check up. The doctor felt around both testicles and said he could "feel a lump by what we would call the epididymis", but he said if you're getting no pain and it doesn't appear to be getting larger than it's probably nothing to worry about.

He's still booked me in at the hospital for an ultrasound test within the next 4-6 weeks to categorically confirm whether there is a lump, and if so, what the lump is.

Slightly relieved in that he didn't sound concerned even after an inspection of the area, but I'll hold my enthusiasm until I've had the ultra sound test.

Last edited by Rigdon; 03-05-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
(male)

TopdogW HB User

Rigdon : I have to be honest with you , I have the same pea size thing on my left one , that is why I have googled this site to see if any1 of you can help.

My pea sized thingie started as single thing and it sometimes grows bigger when its cold and sometimes it grows smaller to the same size and now its has grown bigger to a size of a fully grown pea and it has a brother now linked to it , its a smaller lump linked to the old one and i am 27 this year.

I am scared and I have discussed this matter with my girlfriend some time ago and she did suggest that i should go and see GP but i haven't done that yet and I must say that I do feel pain on left side srotum soemtimes , a pian that pushes upwards and fades away after a second.

What do you guys think I should do , should I go to normal clinic or a doctor ?

Closed Thread