HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Testicular (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-testicular/)
-   -   Two Lumps...One Found Years Ago.... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-testicular/832663-two-lumps-one-found-years-ago.html)

raracer 01-24-2011 04:37 AM

Two Lumps...One Found Years Ago....

A few years ago, I think in 2007, I found a lump on my right testicle. I went to the doctor and he said it didn't seem cancerous and that it was something to due with a blocked sperm track or something and gave me a medicine. I took it, it shrunk/went away but only for a week or two. I never really thought anything else about it.

Last night I felt another lump on my left testicle, about the same size. The thing is the one on my right testicle usually stays the same size, I regularly have checked it just to be sure it doesn't get bigger, last night it felt much bigger, but this morning it's "Regular" size again.

Should I worry? I'm 22, so I know I can get testicular cancer, but I read so much about guys thinking there is a problem when there isn't. I plan on going to the doctor anyway to be sure, but now I'm worried what if he was wrong and it has spread?

Would blood tests show this? I had blood work done around 6 months ago, if it had spread badly would that show anything?

Kali333 01-24-2011 06:12 PM

Re: Two Lumps...One Found Years Ago....

[QUOTE=raracer;4668366]A few years ago, I think in 2007, I found a lump on my right testicle. I went to the doctor and he said it didn't seem cancerous and that it was something to due with a blocked sperm track or something and gave me a medicine. I took it, it shrunk/went away but only for a week or two. I never really thought anything else about it.

Last night I felt another lump on my left testicle, about the same size. The thing is the one on my right testicle usually stays the same size, I regularly have checked it just to be sure it doesn't get bigger, last night it felt much bigger, but this morning it's "Regular" size again.

Should I worry? I'm 22, so I know I can get testicular cancer, but I read so much about guys thinking there is a problem when there isn't. I plan on going to the doctor anyway to be sure, but now I'm worried what if he was wrong and it has spread?

Would blood tests show this? I had blood work done around 6 months ago, if it had spread badly would that show anything?[/QUOTE]

My husband had something similar in his early 20s. The doctor said it was a varicocele. Maybe that's what your first lump was. It's probably what this one is too.
You should definitely get it checked out though. Good luck!

roycedafive9 02-09-2011 09:18 PM

Its good that you will or (may have already) visited your doctor. Testicular cancer is common in your age group, but, it is also one of the most curable cancers, and has high success in complete recovery if caught soon! Sometimes you have to be aggressive with you care provider. Im certain you can trust most care providers, however, you know your body and symptoms far better than they. If you took medicine and it came right back, I would be persistent in getting further testing. Blood tests specifically for tumor markers are how doctors test for cancers (or one way of it). For testicular cancer I believe is an AFP, which is not something that would be conducted during a typical routine blood test.

You could request a Testicular ultrasound. They are inexpensive when compared to ct scans and mri's, non invasive, meaning they do not cut into the body, its simple and usually doesn’t take long. Typically if you get the main radiologist in he can tell you immediately if there are any abnormalities.

Good luck.

soundwaverider 02-25-2011 11:08 AM

I would definately request a Testicular ultrasound. It will most likely give you the answers you are looking for. Don't just ignore what you have found. Good luck.