It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
(male)

northhunter HB User
recent orchiectomy for lump of unknown origin

Hey everyone, I had my left testicle removed on Friday Feb 11th due to a lump of unknown origin. I saw my family Dr who then refered me to a urologist. At first the Dr's and I took a wait and see atttitude because of my age, seems I'm too old and to young to be in a high risk group and because it didn't grow any bigger. I had three ultrasounds during this time. It didn't shrink and about three months after I found it I had the surgery. We are currently waiting results to see what it was.
My question are there other guys out there who have had this procedure and if so did it effect you emotionally? I have been having a hard time with this since the day i decided to have the recommended surgery, in fact i cried the morning of the surgery. Did it change you very much afterwards?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
(male)

Shirokuma HB User
Re: recent orchiectomy for lump of unknown origin

I had both of my testicles removed due to chronic pain, one is 2007 and one in 2010.

It took me a year to get over the loss of the first one, even though I had known for years that it was a possible outcome, the reality of it hit me hard. The second one was much easier.

I understand your situation, pm me if you want

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread