It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
(male)

Guitarman97 HB User
Question I found a lump.

Hello I am a teen and I just got out of the shower but while I was in there I felt an unussual lump on the left side of my testicles, its only on the one side but its maybe a little smaller than a marble, im scared because i have a little sister that past away because of cancer, every helpfull comment means so much to me.

Last edited by mod85; 10-09-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: I found a lump.

Hello Gman

I am glad to meet you here. :-)

Well, I can certainly understand your upset. I don't know what it is. I wish I could tell you. It could be something as minor as an ingrown hair or just a harmless little cyst. It could be something serious. That's why you absolutely must see a doctor.

This is really something you must, must, must share with your Mom and Dad. You must be smart because you reached out here o find some answers. Now you must be smart and strong enough to let your parents know so they can make a doctor's appointment. I know it might be embarrassing to share with them and you are probably worried about scaring trhem after what your family has been through losing your sister. However, it really must be discussed right away, okay?

Let them know, then come back and tell us what is happening. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Big Hugs
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey there, Gman

Thinking about you and just wondering how everything is going. Drop a post when you can.

:-)
reach

Old 10-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
(male)

Guitarman97 HB User

Thank you for the advice, but how do i tell them about it?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Gman

You are going to tell them just like you wrote on the board.

Mom and Dad, "I just got out of the shower but while I was in there I felt an unussual lump on the left side of my testicles, its only on the one side but its maybe a little smaller than a marble

That's all you have to say and they will handle the rest. That's why we have parents, Gman... because there are somethings we can not handle as kids and teens. Your parents will be glad you let them know. They love you and will want to have you see a doctor.

If worse comes to worse and you just can not muster up the courage to tell them directly, then print this out and hand it to them or leave it on the kitchen table, a place where they will see it for sure.

Get this much done, Buddy, and then come back and share, okay? I will looking for a post from you.

Hugs
reach

Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
(male)

Guitarman97 HB User

Hey, i told my mom about it and since i have to get a flu shot anyways, she is scedualing an apointment with my doctor. Thank you for all of the advice, i couldnt of done it without you. When i find out what it is i will be sure to post the news. Once again thank you!

Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aww, I am proud of you, Buddy. You are so very welcome. Happy, too, because I am also a mom and I would sure want my kid to tell me something this important. :-)

You know I will be looking forward to your news, so don't forget! Chuckles.

Hugs
reach

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2012 at 03:34 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to reachout:
Guitarman97 (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
(male)

Guitarman97 HB User

Thank you, you must be a wonderful mother! I will keep you updated!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
(male)

Guitarman97 HB User

I went to my doctor's today and explained everything. The doctor checked it it out and i am scedualed for an ultra-sound soon. It was a little akward showing the lump but i knew it had to be done.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Way to go,

Yeah, it can feel awkward when we have to dispaly what we normally keep private. Part of growing up, huh? Whenever I have to do it, I just keep remembering, "He has already seen it all, he has already seen it all." Chuckles.

So, an ultrasound, huh? Ever have one? I have had lots of them. You lay down on a table next to the technician. The tech puts some cream stuff on the area to be checked. (It's kinda cold at first!) Then they move this wand thing around the area and a picture shows up in the screen. Pretty nifty, actually. You can look at the image being made to take your thoughts off any embarrassment. That's what I do.

The results are read by a doctor and he will send a repost to your doctor, wh will then talk to you. He will tell you what, if anything, needs to be done next.

Let me know when the ultrasound is done, okay? Or just come back and chat if you feel like it. I will be keeping you close in my heart until all is done.

Hugs
reach

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
(male)

Guitarman97 HB User
Smile Re: I found a lump.

. Thank you. I have never had an ultrasound before. I will post the results when i get them. I really couldnt of done any of this without you. Thank you

Old 10-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

heya Buddy

I was just surfing the net a bit and thought of you. just stopped in to say hello and whatnot. What day is your MRI scheduled for anyway? Ha! Look at me getting nosy and antsy here, huh? Chuckles.

Well, you hang in there. I am keeping all this in my heart and prayers. :-)

Big hugs
reach

Old 10-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Again

You know what I forgot to tell you? My grandson, when he was just 2 or 3, actually had a swelling on his testicle also. It is just an accumulation of fluid the pooled up there. He did have to have a bit of surgery to drain it, but he was in and out of the hospital the same day and all is absolutely fine with him. This is not a rare occurance at all. Funny I didn't remember that until just now. Old age, you know? :-)

Later
reach

Closed Thread