It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Testicular Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
(male)

Jon8989 HB User
Small Lump on my left testicle

Hi, im a 16 year old and about a year ago I noticed a lump on my left testicle. Its about the size of a pea possibly a bit smaller, however it feels like it's attached to the top on my left testicle by a small string, I'm able to move it around with no real pain but some times it feel like the string gets tighter and it does cause a lot of discomfort if I try and able any pressure or move it.

I have read a few other people posting to see if there are any the same to my problem but I cant find them so I decide to post this asking for some advice. I know I should just go to the doctor to have a check up, but like I said I'm 16 and I need my parents to be there if I see a doctor, also my niece is very ill with cancer and I don't want to scare anyone else or cause us any more issues.

I am just asking to see if anyone can give my some advice on the situation and to see if anyone has had the same issue, just quickly my mum is someone I am able to talk to about the issue if needed, there is sadly a lot of cancer in my family and I am not a virgin but I found the lump before I started being sexually active.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Jon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
(male)

Dennis1417 HB User
Re: Small Lump on my left testicle

Typically, a 'bad lump' will not be able to be moved.

I have a small lump at the top of my left testicle, it reminds me of like half a piece of rice sticking off the top of my ball right by the top of my eppididymus. It's able to be manipulated. The thing that worried me was that it felt kinda firm, not squishy, but it was moveable. I had to get an ultrasound done because I was having pain, ended up being a varicocele, but during the ultrasound they said everything was fine.

I would go to the doctor or tell your parents about you being concerned. Will it be embarrassing? Definitely, but the ease of mind afterwards is the best feeling in the world.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
(female)

getzky HB User
Re: Small Lump on my left testicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1417 View Post
Will it be embarrassing? Definitely, but the ease of mind afterwards is the best feeling in the world.

Its really not as embarrassing as you may think. I had a large breast lump and a male doctor when I was 15 and I was mortified. In the run-up to my appointment. But once you actually sit and talk with (most) medical professionals you realize that they have seen it all and really arnt too 'impressed' by anything you have to show them.

Fear not and get it checked. Good luck.

Reply Reply

Tags
advice needed, lump