It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 03:31 PM   #1

ashzerocom HB User
Throat Cancer - is this a symptom?

last few months, my throat has been a little irritated. keep trying to clear it.

today, i looked at the back of my throat, and i notice some white spots by the side of the back of my tongue, under the tonsils. well, this kind of scared me, and it stuck my finger back there. i put enough pressure that some popped, and noticed they bled.

I am a smoker, but have quit in the last week.

I also may think i have a bad sinus infection, and read it could spread to the throat. we have wood floors, and it sometimes gets dusty. could an infection be the explenation?

Old 10-06-2004, 10:48 AM   #2

-T- HB User
Re: Throat Cancer - is this a symptom?

It sounds like it could be an infection. I wouldn't worry yourself too much but I would definitely have your throat checked out all the same. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2004, 11:10 AM   #3

ashzerocom HB User

man, i really hope it's just an infection.

i managed to look down my mouth again, and it's all very pink in color, no other white patches or discoloration, except for those little spots.

forgot to mention, we have hold in the house too. our a/c unit in the attic once leaked, and very visible black mold started growing in the bathroom and pantry area. it's been covered with primer and paint. not visible anymore, but it was exposed for some time.

i really need to get it checked out, mainly about the sinus infection. get bad sinus headaches sometimes.

Last edited by ashzerocom; 10-06-2004 at 11:14 AM.

Old 10-06-2004, 11:30 AM   #4

shlllbybaine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashzerocom
man, i really hope it's just an infection.

i managed to look down my mouth again, and it's all very pink in color, no other white patches or discoloration, except for those little spots.

forgot to mention, we have hold in the house too. our a/c unit in the attic once leaked, and very visible black mold started growing in the bathroom and pantry area. it's been covered with primer and paint. not visible anymore, but it was exposed for some time.

i really need to get it checked out, mainly about the sinus infection. get bad sinus headaches sometimes.
It sounds to me like an infection, i too have been having problems with my throat for the past few months and my doc just diagnosed me with having allergies and bronchitis and asthma, mine is irritated from coughing so much and all the phlegm from my post nasal drip.....You should try drinking some green tea to soothe your throat and not eat anything that would irritate it anymore.
michelle

Closed Thread