It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2003, 06:14 PM   #1

Mich4 HB User
Post throat cancer

I have had a sore throat for over a year now, 15 months to be exact. Only on the right side, near the tonsil. Have been to the ent many times, he says there is nothing wrong, i do have tonsil stones in that tonsil though, i pick them out occasionally. I just went the other day to the ent, he didn't look with any instruments, but said I'm fine, no cancer. My throat wasn't sore for a few weeks, but came back again. It sometimes makes my tongue hurt too. If it were throat or tongue cancer would the pain have just disappeared for two weeks. Months ago I did have a scope (through the nose to my throat), a ct scan, ultrasound, xray, etc.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have no problem swallowing food, just localized discomfort. My voice isn't hoarse.
Thanks,
Mich4

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2003, 07:06 PM   #2

Mich4 HB User
Bump, if anyone has any thoughts!
Thank you,
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2003, 05:59 PM   #3

Mich4 HB User
bump again, sorry to be a pain, just looking for opinions. I am frustrated and scared again.

Old 10-08-2003, 04:47 PM   #4

Mich4 HB User
bump again
sorry to be a pain, any comments would be appreciated

Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #5

Atog007 HB User
I have a sore throat for 5 month now, near the tonsil too. I have seen a ENT who put a tube in my nose to see the throat, passed ultrasound, blood test, acid reflux treatement and anxiety related treatement, and my wisdom teeth will be removed on the 13th october because it could be a cause of my sore throat. No problem swallowing, voice isn't hoarse too.
I can't help you, just want to share my experience with my actual "long" time sore throat. I think if your sore throat is really cancer related, the exams you had passed should show something ?
Atog.

Old 10-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #6

Mich4 HB User
thank you for your comments. Let me know how things go for you.
Take care, Michelle

Old 10-15-2003, 11:24 PM   #7

RobinG HB User
Hmmmm. This makes me think....

I've had a sore throat for some time now, perhaps 3 months or so. I also don't have trouble swallowing and my voice hasn't changed (classic throat cancer signs). I know that my wisdom teeth need to go, I was told that many years ago.

Reading this makes me think it may be related. Crap. OK, granted, better than cancer, but still, having the teeth yanked out? Crap. Hmmm. It might also account for my enlarged lymph node. Double crap.

I don't know if you have your wisdom teeth, Michelle, but if so it might be worth a trip to the dentist to see if they need to come out.

Good luck.

Old 10-16-2003, 07:24 AM   #8

Mich41 HB User
I have been to the dentist recently and had a wisdom tooth removed from the other side. I will need to get my right side wisdom tooth out soon, but I really don't think that is my problem. My throat looks weird inside, lumpy on the right side, more so than the left.(when I extend my tongue and look). Although if I just open and look in my right sided tonsil actually looks a little smaller. Sometimes I think I see a greyish spot in my tissue right below my tonsil. My ent said he didn't see it and thought it might be a shadow when I'm looking.
Oh, I'm just frustrated now. My ent doesn't want to remove the tonsils, he said they look healthy. I'm terrified he's missing something. All of the ents work together in a teaching hospital so it is difficult to get a second opinion.
Thanks for listening

Old 10-18-2003, 11:44 PM   #9

fluffyrat HB User
Maybe an outside opinion might help you out a bit. Sometimes when you worry about things for awhile, symptoms start to get worse. Let's say if you're afraid you have cancer you may start having symptoms of it, or thinking you do, without actually having the disease. I'd try not to worry about it for awhile. If that doesn't work, try going to the doctor about anxiety, rather than the possibility of it being cancer. It'd do you a lot better to get something for the anxiety to calm yourself down. Then you'll probably feel better. BTW...I have little bumps in my throat too. They're just adenoids. And my tonsils are different sizes. It's because you're not perfect. They've probably always been that way and you're just noticing it now 'cause you're worried. Just think on it. That's all I'm saying.

Closed Thread