It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 06:05 PM   #1

parislv HB User
Scared... Could It Be Throat Cancer?

I need to know what signs I need to look for or symptoms for throat cancer. I am 28 years old female and I have been smoking since I was about 18 years old. I go through a pack in couple of day. I don't think I am a heavy smoker but I guess that just depends on everyone. I am currently caughing a lot and it's like a dry caugh during the day. It also hurts when I swallow, and I have been taking advil for the pain but I am still caughing. I know I should go see a doctor but I thought it was just a cold and I was trying to wait it out but it's been exactly a week now and I am just scared it might be throat cancer. I just need to advice from some of you out there and I would really appreciate and feedback. I am even scared to go to the doctor just because they might tell me it's you know what.... Help... Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
(male)

ryu1977 HB User
Re: Scared... Could It Be Throat Cancer?

Persistent cough and sore throat could be caused by many disease from benign such as viral and bacterial infections or cancer.

Regarding your age, I think you have low risk of cancer.
However, the fact that you are smoker for the last 10 years could cause many health problems.

I think nobody could give you exact explanation except a doctor who can examine your throat directly.

Wish you healthy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
(female)

MistyBlueEyes HB User

I would see a doctor. Cancer, that nasty little devil, has no limit on age. Smoking will cause throat cancer along with gerd, alcohol, acid reflux and many other things including genetics.

If you have a sore throat and a cough see your doctor. It may be nothing and yet it may be something. Early detection gives the best odds for a complete cure.
Good luck to you,
Barbara~

Old 08-04-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
(female)

Madly_In_Like HB User

if you haven't already--PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go see a doctor--that is how my dad's throat cancer started--awful awful dry cough and a change in his voice that his doctor actually noticed during a check up...

Closed Thread