It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

darlingnikki HB User
Throat Cancer? Pretty scared!

A few weeks ago I noticed bumps in the back of my throat. I don't know how I noticed them, they weren't painfull at all. Then a few days later my tonils were inflammed and the back of my tounge had a few bumps and was a little white. I went to the doctor...actually, a nurse...and she did a throat swab and it came back negative for strep. They said it was some viral infection and it should clear up on its own in about 2 weeks. Well, its been a little over two weeks and it still just looks the same. But it doesn't hurt at all and no pain whatsoever. I have no idea what it is. I wasn't prescribed anything for it.

I looked up some things online about throat cancer. They say in the begining its not painful. But they said about bumps in the throat that don't heal and white patches on the tounge.

I'm really scared this might be what I have. I'll be 20 next month. I don't drink or smoke anymore...its been a few years. I go to the doctor Wednesday for a complete exam and I will have him look at it. But I'm looking for a few answers now. Does anyone have any information?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
(female)

darlingnikki HB User
Re: Throat Cancer? Pretty scared!

no one can give me any advise at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
(female)

momoside HB User

get another strep test when you go to the doctor again. Sometimes you can have a test too early and it does not show up as positive. If it is not strep, then it is viral and does take time. Tell the dr about your concerns so he can put your mind at ease.maybe you have an ear infection or sinus infection?
good luck
Haley

Old 05-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
(female)

darlingnikki HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoside
get another strep test when you go to the doctor again. Sometimes you can have a test too early and it does not show up as positive. If it is not strep, then it is viral and does take time. Tell the dr about your concerns so he can put your mind at ease.maybe you have an ear infection or sinus infection?
good luck
Haley
Wouldn't I be in some kind of pain. Because I haven't been in any kinf of pain or any soreness at all with all this. Odd.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

You are pretty young to have throat cancer.My friend was diagnosed at 37 and had a lump on his neck for months prior to diagnosis.The doctors were surprised because of his age.White pages and a sore throat that won't go away is a sign but I think your okay.If you are still worried, follow up with an ENT(ear, nose&throat) doctor.They can diagnose throat cancer pretty well with a scope that is put down your throat.Good luck!

Old 05-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

MiLuckiiStarz HB User

Ive had strep throat without feeling it or suspecting it at all, and that was when I was real little (like 7 or 8) when everything hurts more than it really does so I wouldnt be too worried...

Closed Thread