It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

ginnymae HB User
Question Is it throat cancer, worried

I have had a sore throat for almost 3 mos. I have also been hoarce and my voice fades in an out. My ears also ache. I went to my family doctor 3 wks ago and he put my on amoxicillion 875mg twice a day for 10 days. He said he saw no signs of an infection, and if my throat didn't get better after the medicine I needed to see an ENT. The antibiotics didn't change anything. I have an ENT apt. in 2 wks. I can't really tell if there are lumps on my neck, but it does feel like I have something in my throat when I swallow. Lately, my throat feels tight and it is always dry. I feel like I have a turtle neck on that's too tight. My grandfather had throat cancer. I do not smoke or drink alchohol ever. I have had to use inhalers my whole life. It's also been kinda hard to breathe sometimes. I'm afraid of my apt. with the ENT next week. Do my symptoms sound like cancer or could there possible be something else that could cause these symptoms? I normally don't worry about such things, but I'm kinda freakin out about this. Just a little advice, please? I have also heard something about fungal Laryngitis from using asthmatic inhalers. Can anyone help me on this? Becoming very nervous. Thanks!!

Old 06-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Smile Re: Is it throat cancer, worried

I don't think it's throat cancer, so try not to be too freaked out. It could be something to do with the inhalers you've used. Just go to the ENT and find out and be done with it. Be sure to keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User
Re: Is it throat cancer, worried

Try not to freak out. I have hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is where your body produces anit-bodies to kill off your thyroid. Which can cause your thyroid to become swollen and can cause symptoms very similar to what you are describing. I had a sore throat, an earache, and it felt like something was in my throat. I was worried I had throat cancer too until I got diagnosed with hashimoto's and hypothyroidism. You should ask your dr. to look into that.

Carisa

Closed Thread