It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
(male)

reddevil HB User
Red face Having a very bad evening-worried of throat cancer

Hi,

I have just been on the web looking for "can anxiety cause a sore throat".

I can not find anything on anxiety and sore throat but several websites say if a sore throat lasts more than 2 weeks it could be something serious like throat cancer.

I have been to the doctor twice, which he has had a look and has given me antibiotics (penicillin) twice on seeing him.

This has got me in such a state as my antibiotics are not working and it's my second course of them.

I have had enough, I'm not sure if I can cope anymore of this worry.

The doctor also said that they referr people for further investgation after 8 weeks, which I think has not helped my anxiety at all.

CAN ANXIETY CAUSE THE THROAT TO BE RED as doctor said both times that it is red, that's what is worrying me.

I have to have a sweet in mouth to stop the soreness.

Just can not stop crying again...!

It does not hurt when a swallow at all, just feels sore throughout the day.
Red

Old 09-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mirandarose HB User
Re: Having a very bad evening-worried of throat cancer

Hey Red.Calm down and take some breaths. I know all to well how you feel. I have suffered with anxiety for 8 years. I to have searched the web for a diagnosis to all my health problems. And believe me it does not help.It the one thing to stay away from! I thought at one time I had colon cancer(was only 19 at the time), thought last year I had cancer of the eyelid; and thought I had oral cancer. So, far all of those things have turned out to be benign conditions. I do have alot of health problems, but I believe the anxiety causes more of them than not. Maybe you need to see a counselor for the anxiety. I am totally against prescription drugs for anxiety. But, it works for some. I am sure your throat is fine. Give the antibiotics a try. It could be strep to just a sore throat. Hang in there and remember your not alone with this crazy thing called anxiety!!! Take care and God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
(female)

jenyme HB User
Re: Having a very bad evening-worried of throat cancer

Listen, Relax and don't worry yourself so much. What you have is called "hypochondria" fear of diseases. That is a normal feeling when you have severe anxiety like I do. I've been through all of this and am still going through this. What I think is wrong with your throat is LPR. Look that up, it is acid in the throat. People with anxiety tend to have it more than other becuase the excess anxiety produces so much acid in your body especially the stomache. The only treatment for that is actually prescription strenghth antiacid like prevacid 2x a day. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread