It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
(male)

Mack_21 HB User
Throat Cancer Symptoms

I'm 20 years old and I went to an ENT because of hoarseness, difficulty swallowing, and a lump in the throat feeling. He diagnosed me with LPR acid reflux and gave me some medication but I'm still worried it might be something worse. Does throat cancer typically begin with hoarseness, difficulty swallowing, and the lump feeling all at once?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #2
(male)

Mack_21 HB User
Re: Throat Cancer Symptoms

Anybody? Sorry, I've had a really aparent lump feeling in my throat and I'm getting kinda scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
(male)

ash0479 HB User

I would say that you should concult your physician, or even see a Gastro if they said you had acid reflux, I do not think that would present you with a lump...ask to have an endoscopy, this is an outpatient procedure where they will sedate you and place a camera down your throat to take a look around...or get an CT Scan or MRI of your kneck...

Old 09-29-2006, 04:19 AM   #4
(male)

fry HB User

Hi Mack
I thought I might be able to help put your mind at rest, however I, like you (maybe), am a worrier so I still think you should think about a second opinion.

I suffer from acid, and occassionally reflux acid. I have suffered for ages with this and again I, like you, worried about this lump in my throat, but I have found by experience that an irritation to the gullet in any form (and I get irritation right down at the bottom where the gullet joins the stomach) I get a feeling like alump in my throat.

Also remember that if you get upset about this the old saying 'I got a lump in my throat' is true because it's a reaction by your body that produces an irritation which causes the feeling.

Hope this helps and it isn't too confusing.

All the best

Pete

Last edited by fry; 09-29-2006 at 04:20 AM.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:06 AM   #5
(male)

outlawco60 HB User

Your to young to have throat cancer. probably lpr. S tomach acid overflow into your airway vocal cords and gives your that feeling.

Closed Thread