It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

diane4541 HB User
what are the chance of 28 year old haing throat cancer

my 28 year old boyfriend has throat cancer what are the chances of that
he had a lilttle bit of blood in in his saliva and a high fever and went to the doctors and they said that he might have throat cancer what are the chances of him having throAT cancer please help me

Last edited by diane4541; 01-20-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User
Re: what are the chance of 28 year old haing throat cancer

When my friend was diagnosed at 38 years old the doctors were surprised and said it used to mostly affect older men who smoked and drank for years but now are seeing it more in younger people. my friend smoked and drank but also had a history of cancer in his family. Did the doctor say he might have throat cancer because of a fever and blood in his saliva? I'm not sure about that, cause my friend had a lump in his neck. Get to an ENT and find out for sure. It can be treated. My friend is now 4 years out and he was a stage 4.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
(female)

girlcat36 HB User
Re: what are the chance of 28 year old haing throat cancer

I am 41 and 7 months out of treatment for throat cancer. I was 38 when I began having symptoms, yet I went undiagnosed for 3 years. I was a non-smoker, occasional drinker and health nut. This delayed my diagnosis, as I did not fit the profile of a throat cancer patient. My tumor was caused by the HPV virus, and more and more younger and healthier people are coming down with throat cancer due to HPV. I had a tonsillectomy, chemo, radiation and a feeding tube. I am back to work, and also running again. Best of luck to you and your boyfriend.

Closed Thread