It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #1
(male)

italianmonti HB User
Throat cancer?

I'm 20 years old male, I've been chewing tobacco for 2 and half years on and off. Within the past month I had signs of a sinus infection. I was coughing all the time and stuff, i took over the counter medicine and stuff it was occasional. I'm currently attending college in Pittsburgh and once i got here i had really bad signs of a sinus infection, bad dry cough, dizziness, swollen lymph nodes. I kept getting worried that i might have throat cancer. However, I went to the school doctor and she looked and checked. I failed to mention the cough.

My throat is somewhat tight, my lymph nodes are swollen and i have a dry cough that comes and goes. However, when it comes it's quite frequent. When asking the doctor if i might have throat cancer, she felt my neck, looked in my mouth. She told me i dont have signs of throat cancer. However, after researching on the internet i match some signs and some i don't. She gave me a zpak and i took it and it finished, the sinus infection is gone however, my throat isn't loose yet nor did my cough go away. It's a dry cough, where my throat tickles and it makes me cough. I'm going to see the nurse to schedule another appt. with the doctor to see if i'm okay, but i wanted some other input before anything else happens or it's too late.

should i be worried or are these common symptoms of something?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chablis3 HB User
Re: Throat cancer?

Hi Italian, It is hard to say what is going on with you, but, it is good that you are concerned and went to see the school doctor. A sinus infection can give you the symptoms you described. Sometimes a sinus infection can be hard to get rid of, or it might ease up and then come back. My husband has lots of trouble with his sinus's and experiences some of the symptoms you mentioned when he gets them. I had posted a thread about my daughter who was just operated on for oral cancer. I wanted to stress to everyone how important it is to seek a doctor's advice in noticing any strange changes that occur, and I am glad to see you did see a doctor.

Maybe it is that darn cold weather in Pittsburg that is affecting your complete recovery. Sorry I can't be of much help, but I am glad your on top of things, and it is a good idea to get another appointment just to make sure your ok.

Hope you feel better soon!

Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread