It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
(male)

Signa99 HB User
I'm a 31 year old male diagnosed with throat cancer

Hello to all. Last week I had a polyp removed from my throat because I was constantly losing my voice. I went to see the ENT yesterday and he told me that they found cancer in the polyp. I cannot put into words the emotional pain that I'm going through since receiving the news. All I can think about is my 3 yr old son and my fiance and how I cannot leave them. I'm trying my best to be strong but this thing is killing me inside. I have lost my appetite and have just been feeling down. I must say this is the worse feeling in the world. The ENT told me that its a good thing that they found it in the beginning stage and that its very curable. He told me that I would go through 5 weeks of radiology. I guess I just need someone to speak to that has gone through the same thing or similar to just give me some peace of mind. If there is anyone who can help me and guide me through this it would really help. I've been reading all sorts of things about this on the web and am extremely scared but I guess I have no choice but to fight this til the end. I thank you all for your help and support. May god bless me and help me through this.
-Peter P.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Signa99
angie mac (06-09-2011), susan2266 (04-08-2011), worrywartmom39 (05-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Im a 31 year old male diagnosed with throat cancer

Peter P.-

I will pray for your swift and full recovery. I think you are very fortunate that they caught it early. Please stay positive. I'm certain some people here that have gone through similar situations will chime in soon. My mother is a cancer survivor, and my step-father also. Doctors tend to be very conservative when talking about treatment so if you're being told this is "very curable" that sounds really good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

My ex husband was diagnosed with stage 4 b throat cancer in 2004.He is now 6 years clear. The treatment is brutal but it works.Bulk up before treatment because you will lose weight. My ex had a feeding tube put in his stomach because he was small to begin with.And radiation causes a pretty bad sore throat after a few weeks so eating will be difficult.His biggest problem was lack of saliva. Have the doctor give u an RX to save your salivary glands.Recovery from treatment takes a good while so give yourself time, go by weeks not days.This IS treatable!!! Fight it & u will get through it! God bless!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
(male)

Signa99 HB User

Hello all. Its been a while since I got on this site so I will try and give you all an update. After I got a 2nd biopsy I was told that I did not have cancer but tested positive for HPV (Still don't know what type of HPV). I then saw the same ENT that told me it was HPV about 3 times within a 6 month period. My voice has come back to normal but Im still very concerned because when I look up HPV all I see is articles related to throat cancer in men. Here is my question. Should I be worried even tho the ENT keeps telling me that I don't have cancer or should I get a 2nd opinion. For the past week I've been having some crackling in my ear and a bad taste in my mouth. I went to my regular doctor and she gave me Zithromax but I'm almost done with the full dose and still have the nasty taste in my mouth. Any advice that I get from this forum is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
(female)

neptunian808 HB Userneptunian808 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signa99 View Post
Hello all. Its been a while since I got on this site so I will try and give you all an update. After I got a 2nd biopsy I was told that I did not have cancer but tested positive for HPV (Still don't know what type of HPV). I then saw the same ENT that told me it was HPV about 3 times within a 6 month period. My voice has come back to normal but Im still very concerned because when I look up HPV all I see is articles related to throat cancer in men. Here is my question. Should I be worried even tho the ENT keeps telling me that I don't have cancer or should I get a 2nd opinion. For the past week I've been having some crackling in my ear and a bad taste in my mouth. I went to my regular doctor and she gave me Zithromax but I'm almost done with the full dose and still have the nasty taste in my mouth. Any advice that I get from this forum is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
how did your problem (polyp) started? where you a smoker/drinker?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
(female)

kafish67 HB User

A cancerous tumer can be HPV positive. HPV 16 and 18 cause oral cancer. Maybe you need some clarification. I don't understand how a biopsy can be positive for cancer and then not. I hope you dont have cancer, but I would want a second opinion. Why dont you get the narrative of the biopsy report to start with.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
(female)

Survivor5 HB User
Re: I'm a 31 year old male diagnosed with throat cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signa99 View Post
Hello to all. Last week I had a polyp removed from my throat because I was constantly losing my voice. I went to see the ENT yesterday and he told me that they found cancer in the polyp. I cannot put into words the emotional pain that I'm going through since receiving the news. All I can think about is my 3 yr old son and my fiance and how I cannot leave them. I'm trying my best to be strong but this thing is killing me inside. I have lost my appetite and have just been feeling down. I must say this is the worse feeling in the world. The ENT told me that its a good thing that they found it in the beginning stage and that its very curable. He told me that I would go through 5 weeks of radiology. I guess I just need someone to speak to that has gone through the same thing or similar to just give me some peace of mind. If there is anyone who can help me and guide me through this it would really help. I've been reading all sorts of things about this on the web and am extremely scared but I guess I have no choice but to fight this til the end. I thank you all for your help and support. May god bless me and help me through this.
-Peter P.

Last edited by Survivor5; 03-07-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: misunderstood how to reply

Closed Thread