It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
(male)

GONZO480 HB User
26 Year Old Father With Worrysome Symptoms

I am 26 and have smoked cigarettes for about 10 years now and been what's classified as a heavy drinker for about 4. On 12/26 I suddenly woke up with a sore throat that has not gone away yet. My lymph glands are also swollen (not visible but you can feel them as my Dr. did). I also suffer from a lingering cough that and post nasal drip (when I wake up in the morning there is a lot of mucus in my throat). I am very worried, and have also been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder, so that doesn't help.

Everything I google or look up points to throat cancer. I have had blood work done this week (cbc) and everything was normal. Was also swabbed for strep. About a month ago on the other side of my throat it would hurt when I turned my head (as if to look at someone/thing) but then there was no lumps or anything. A year ago I had an ENT exam and was examined twice my my Dr. and her PA in the past 2 months. Also about 4 months ago received a CT scan of the head (for an unrelated issue) as well as had the same CT scan a year ago.

The sore throat varies throughout the day typically being more painful in the evening. I have no trouble swallowing, talking, eating, no ear pain, no blood in the mucus, and no hoarseness just this sore throat that will not go away. Can someone please shed some light on whether or not I should be concerned with this or what may be causing these symptoms???

Thank you so much for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
(female)

kafish67 HB User
Re: 26 Year Old Father With Worrysome Symptoms

This could be viral. Post nasal drip causes a sore throat does acid reflux. You really do need to quit smoking though. If this doesnt resolve, i would revisit the ent.

Closed Thread