It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

AnxietyGal HB User
Convinced myself I have throat cancer, HELP

Okay, I'm 38, yes I smoke (especially when I get nervous like now), I used to drink and party in my 20's, but now I hardly touch the stuff.

My symptoms: About 2-3 months ago, I noticed a very dull pain below my left ear. Also some tenderness below the jaw on that side. It stayed about the same for months. I barely noticed it, but I still paid attention to it because that's just the kind of worrying girl I am. Kind of felt worse when my stomach was empty (???) I know, weird. Then my Grandma got sick and ended up in the hospital last week, and that's when all the "new" symptoms hit me. I happened to look in my throat, and on that left side, the tonsil has about 3 white spots on it and the part after the tonsil (right next to the uvula in the middle) has 2 tiny, tiny, pimples on it. Same color as the tonsil. The pain below the ear got worse and moved UP into my ear, and now the ear feels like it's getting stabbed inside. When I start thinking I have throat cancer, the pain gets worse. When I forget about it for a while, it lessens and sometimes even goes away.

I showed my throat to my mom who is a nurse, and she said it's nothing...just infection. I talked to my uncle about it over the phone, he's a doctor. He said it's more like a virus that just settled in that area. I showed my OTHER uncle my throat (he's a pharmacist)...and all he said was, "I can't believe you made me fly over here just to look at THAT. It's nothing. You're nuts." ha ha!!! But yet, I still don't believe any of them. Oh, and I should add that both my tonsils are about the same size, just the one of the left looks weird because of the white dots and then the 2 little red dots/pimples. They're about the size of a pinpoint.

I'd like to hear from throat cancer survivors or anyone who knows about the symptoms and please just let me know if my symptoms match. I've read ALL ABOUT it and I'm scared..

Past med. history: Anxiety and Panic Disorder since 12 yrs. old
Chronic middle ear infections for the last 6 yrs.
Acid reflux (brought on by anxiety and not eating when nervous.)
Hypertension (when I get into a panic.)
Off-and-on insomnia

Thanks so much for any info!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
(male)

artemisthegreat HB User
Re: Convinced myself I have throat cancer, HELP

Best advice ever, and I won't even charge you:

1) Quit smoking. Seriously, you know the risks and it's not worth it.
2) STOP freaking out and convincing yourself you have cancer. Its NOT cancer!
3) Go to a doctor to find out what it really is, before you go nuts.

Love,
artemis

Closed Thread