It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Incessant throat problems this summer

Background: I have major acid-reflux. It's not just GERD, it's also LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux). I've had it for 5-1/2 years now. I'm concerned this can lead to cancer in the throat, never mind the usual GERD concerns.

Around last Thanksgiving, I got what seemed a flu and included bad throat pain. Worst was when I got a severe stabbing pain in a certain spot that took my speech away when it happened; it was really, truly like someone stabbing me right there. To avoid it and the other pain, I whispered for a day or so until I really got better. Then I got another "cold" which included the same symptoms about a month later. I also got a few other "stabs" through the winter/spring, but not much sickness.

Now I'm getting more scared. I never saw a doctor about the "stabbing" pains.

But starting the end of May, I seemed to get a bad cold/flu that mostly hurt my throat.

Since that time, I have been struggling almost endlessly with many throat symptoms, and sometimes just nasal or headache or ear problems (the ear issue also started when I got that May cold - hadn't experienced that sensation for years).

Right now I'm again fighting the throat pain - gets worse with talking more. Again, that right side seems the main pain spot. No stabbing yet, but it seems the worst part always. I also get coughing - but that is a result of the tickling sensation in the throat, mostly on a deep exhale.

What really scares me is outside of the May thing, I don't seem to have any other flu/infection-like symptoms - no other pain, no fever, no tiredness or malaise. That makes me think NOT infection, but maybe something more evil.

I finally set up an appointment with my ENT, whom I haven't seen for 2 years. Even if it's not cancer, I'm concerned if there's something else bad that I'm constantly fighting this pain.

Does this seem consistent with throat cancer?

Last edited by Ol'Line Rebel; 08-11-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread