Lump in Throat help
I am a
- 25 yr old male
- Smoker for a couple years (1 - 3 packs a week depending) and chewer for a couple years prior starting at 18 (1 - 3 cans per week depending)
- Don't drink much alcohol now but did in college.
- Have acid reflux if I eat right before bed or have really spicy food.
- Experience seasonal allergies (congestion etc)
- I don't have any thyroid problems that I know of but my mother has an thyroid issue (goiter and over active thyroid I think)
- Smokers in family but no cancer related deaths.
I am an overly anxious person and am paranoid about getting cancer from tobacco. I get routine dental examinations that include oral cancer screenings but recently I was feeling in my throat behind my tongue and felt a small bump. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I know that I should stop using tobacco, but would like to have some peace of mind if possible in the immediate future.
Last edited by anxious186; 10-19-2011 at 10:41 AM.