It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
(male)

Paradoxymoron HB User
Am I just being paranoid?

Hiya,

I've recently found a strange, hard, fairly small (about 1cm in diameter) lump in my throat (at the top of my Larynx) and am starting to worry it might be serious.

I'm a 19 year old student, and I am also a singer (training in Classical/Opera), but am currently ill with what is my 6th infection with tonsillitis in the last 12 months. I thought this was just a sign that I needed my tonsils removed (Something that I have been resistant towards because of my singing (I'm afraid of surgery on my throat)) - but now I have found the lump, I'm starting to worry it might be something more that I've overlooked.

For the past two years I have developed a hoarse voice (I am a non-smoker, and generally take very good care of my throat (again, because of the singing)), and I need to clear my throat every minute or so to be able to speak/sing normally.

Also - in the same time frame I have had inexplicable fatigue - both mental and muscular - even when I get enough rest. (Which, in itself, is causing problems as I can't stay awake during lectures etc)

Also - for the last few months the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck (just under my ear) have been swollen - which I assumed was just due to infection because of the tonsillitis.

Am I just being paranoid, or could these things all be pointing towards something more sinister than chronic tonsillitis? The lump in my neck isn't VERY big - but it's large enough to make me worry, and IS on my larynx. I'm worried about going to see my GP, because I don't want to appear to be a hypochondriac - but I am worried. (It doesn't help that I'm studying Clinical Science - so it's possible I'm looking for symptoms because I know them - but I don't know :S)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread