It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

Jilliann HB User
I have swollen neck glands (It's been about 4 months)

I am starting to worry about my swollen lymph nodes around my neck. The glands are about small to medium size and are painless. Once in a while my ears will feel weird and the sound will change. (around once a month) I did not get any colds this year. I also smoke. I also herd that one symptom of lymph node cancer is itchy all around the body and at night before I fall asleep I get itchy all over. My wisdom teeth are growing too, and sometimes they get infected, maybe that has somthing to do with it.

Here are my symptoms:

-A slight pressure feeling on side of neck

- Jaw pains (sometimes)

- Lymph nodes are painless

- Itchy scalp

- Itchy body before sleeping

Thanks for reading.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
(male)

anxietym1980 HB User
Re: I have swollen neck glands (It's been about 4 months)

I have had swollen lymph nodes under my jaw for about 3 months now. I've been to see three different doctors, and had a difficult time believing I was being correctly diagnosed. I also experienced a "tight throat feeling" I attributed to a thyroid problem and made me very uneasy, and it felt like there was a lump in my throat at times. I was always tired and very anxious. After the doctor visits I began a small dose of antidepressants and seeing a therapist regularly. I've been assured that the lymph nodes are my body trying to fight off a virus that I've not allowed it to do (have been stressed and very busy with not much time for rest). My throat is not 100% yet, and my lymph nodes are swollen (opposite sides of head below the ears along jaw), but I feel tremendously better haven had the problem correctly diagnosed by professionals- mind you, I didn't believe the first two- rather than googling symptoms on the internet and leading to greater anxiety and the onset of new symptoms worthy of googling (the tightness in my throat is globus, and anxiety reflex). Please see a doctor if you are experiencing problems, and don't forget the physical effects anxiety can wreak on your body. I hope this helps someone, I would have liked to see a post like this a few months ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
(male)

tim6003 HB User
Re: I have swollen neck glands (It's been about 4 months)

This post is late coming but I just saw your post.

PLEASE...go get checked out by your ENT or at least see your primary (if none, go to a doctor) and get a CT scan of the throat.

You could have throat cancer. Your symptoms say it all. I know, I've been there. I will spare you the details...but please go see a doctor. My wife and I have been through heck and back and I am now 3 months post treatments. I am a one man crusader to tell people to go get checked.

Yours could be HPV viral related since you are so young...but you do smoke...so please go get checked.

Tim ---- ask me anything on this board. If I can help one person get in earlier than I did...it will be worth it. Best to you.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-05-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
swollen lymph nodes