It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
(male)

Minkusis HB User
Dysphagia, couging up blood now

This is my 8th week dealing with not being able to swallow solid foods, it keeps getting worse, week by week. I've lost 45lbs due to that lack of eating, i'm relying on blended foods now... healthy though! I've also had difficulty breathing off and on this last week, and just last night, and this morning when waking up, i coughed up a few streaks of blood from my throat and lungs. I went to the doctor 3-4 times this month, and late last month, they all referred me to the ENT clinic, and speech therapy for a throat swab... But they are so backed up, they cannot schedule me an appointment for even the next few weeks. So it's a waiting game now...but the more i wait, the worse i feel... And i saw a doctor just yesterday and he didn't think it was anything.... serious... he actually said that i'm too young for cancer lol, at 27 years of age... Well anywho!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Dysphagia, couging up blood now

You really need to get a scope done of your esophagus! I would just go to an ER. They will probably admit you and get it figured out right away. You also need a chest xray. What was your Dr thinking? I guess he wasn't. This could be serious, and you need appropriate health care now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
(male)

Minkusis HB User

I got an appointment finally for tomorrow morning at my VA Speech clinic (to do the scope and swab of throat)! It took a lot of persistence but i finally got them to put me in with the doctor. Thanks for your quick answer mate!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
(male)

tannster99 HB User

just wondering how you made out? im glad this took place a while ago because if you would go read my post under throat cancer it would have scared the chit out of ya. hope everything worked out for ya.

Reply Reply