It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
(female)

amras HB User
Worried... Need help/Assurance

All

I am a 34 year old female, Vegetarian, never smoked or had Alcohol. End of november last year I developed a weird pulling feeling in my jaw on right side only. I went to an ENT doctor. HE put a scope through my nose and said I have no problems. However I had post nasal drip and it wasn't going away. I went back and the doctor ordered a CT scan (Maxillofacial with contrast). During the scan I moved as I was nauseous. The technician had to take the scan again. Not sure if this would affect the CT scan results. The scan results were Chronic sinusitis.

A few week later I developed issues on the right side in my mouth. I have a tingling from the back of my mouth to the ear only on my right side when I swallow. The pulling sensation in my jaw is worse some days than others. Doctors suggested TMJ and physical therapy. I am going to Physical therapy. I went to a different ENT in a major university hospital. He did the scope through my nose twice (3 weeks apart) and told me he could find nothing. The tingling on the right side of the throat and ear is really bothering me and also worrying me. I went to a neurologist who gave told me to get a Brain MRI to put my fears to rest. MRI(Brain with and without contrast) is scheduled in a week. I went to at least 4-5 doctors including oral surgeons who could not find anything wrong with me. However I am really worried as I read that tingling could be due to tumors pressing on nerves and I am really worried.

Can anyone tell me if my CT scan was accurate as the die might have gone away in the first few minutes? Also will a Brain MRI look into the oral cavity and ears? I asked the doctor for head and neck. She said that Brain MRI will take a picture of the whole face and head. Also did anyone of you have these symptoms? Please help as I am worried especially because all my symptoms seem to be only on the right side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Worried... Need help/Assurance

i'm very sorry to hear about your problems.

i had a very different problem with similar circumstances as yours.
i went many times to the doctor with no diagnosis and
went thru hell to find a answer.
my only regret was not seeking another opinion alot sooner,
it would of saved me alot of grief,time and money.
if you are getting no where,another set of eyes and different look
at your problem will not hurt you.
the university hospital i went to took my no diagnosis as a challenge
and figured it out quickly.
i hope you figure it out and feel better
good luck

Reply Reply