It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
(male)

eviltuna HB User
Throat problems for about a month, scared!

Hey there

Since about the 2nd of March, I started to get a hoarse voice that persisted for about three weeks, I have this constant feeling of a lump being in my throat, I have been spitting up small amounts of blood, and developed a kind of tickly cough, as well as strange breathing sounds like whistling on exhaling or speaking. I also have pains in my neck, where my glands are and they are a tiny bit swollen

I have been to the doctors, they prescribed me some medication for a week to take, I finished the course and saw no improvement about it, so they sent me to an ENT who put a camera through my nose and down my throat, he asked me to go eeeeeee and then pulled it out and said that all he could see was irritation and prescribed me lansoprazole and a serum to take after meals, I have been taking it for about a week and seen no real improvement to my condition.

Now the lump in throat feeling is getting worse, so bad to the point that I find myself trying to cough it up or regurgitate something I'm not sure is even there. My breathing sounds are getting worse, however my voice isn't getting any worse which I find strange.

Would the camera have been able to pick up any form of cancer above and below my vocal chords in the examination? As I believe that the problem is near the entrance to my lungs, due to the wheezing I've been getting (Can't even sing or speak a few sentences without having to gasp for breath.)

What do I do? should I go back to the doctors and explain to them the worsening of my symptoms? or should I wait until my follow up with my ENT and take my prescribed medication? I don't want to take any chances if it's cancer as I've read that early detection almost always leads to a full recovery.

I'm 22 years old, a non smoker and in relatively good health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply