It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Thyroid Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2002, 02:28 AM   #1

SNUFFIE HB User
Angry TMJ not thyroid cancer

Just found HEALTHBOARDS, what a gift from god.
I have been messing with strange pains & aches over 2 years now, jaw pain,neck and sholder,dry eyes headaches,dizzy,sinnus drainage,ears hurt and ring,sore throat just to name a few.Seems to get worse during cold months.
During this past Jan.it all hit me again,I went to my family doctor of 40 years(he delivered me) and he put me on antibotcs and sent me to an ENT DOCTOR. This doc. did the SCOPE OF MY THROAT MRI,X-RAYS,NUCLEAR MED.STUDY,these test showed nothing except the left thyroid lobe was inlarged. He removed the left lobe,sent me home,told me to rest 4 weeks and go back to work.4 months later neck hurting,ears hurting and ringing!
I got rid of the old doc.got hooked up with a new doctor fresh from UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON MEDICAL.
In about 10 min. he new what was going on. Sent me to my dentist,and a different ENT doc.
My dentist made me a splint, been wearing it 7/24 for about a week now, headaches are no where as bad now but still have most of the other synthoms.
THE MEANING OF ALL THIS;DO RESURCH ALONG WITH YOUR DOCTOR.DONT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED HE IS CLOSE TO GOD,
DOCTORS DO MAKE MISTAKES

Old 11-26-2002, 02:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Snuffie,
Did the splint help your ear problems at all? Especially the ringing. I am a long time "survivor"
of TMJD. Many surgeries, many treatments,etc. I have had almost every symtom that you can find on this board. The ear ringing (tinnitus) started about 2 years ago & has been the hardest to deal with. I am in the process of trying another splint. I just wondered if splint therapy would help this, since compared to my other problems, it is relatively new & I can not find any one that truly understands the connection of ear problems & TMJD.
Thanks,
Cymy Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2002, 03:58 AM   #3

SNUFFIE HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Cymy Sue:
Snuffie,
Did the splint help your ear problems at all? Especially the ringing. I am a long time "survivor"
of TMJD. Many surgeries, many treatments,etc. I have had almost every symtom that you can find on this board. The ear ringing (tinnitus) started about 2 years ago & has been the hardest to deal with. I am in the process of trying another splint. I just wondered if splint therapy would help this, since compared to my other problems, it is relatively new & I can not find any one that truly understands the connection of ear problems & TMJD.
Thanks,
Cymy Sue
cymy sue
have'nt noticed alot of changes in ears yet. The headaches are my bigest concern.

Old 11-26-2002, 04:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Please keep me updated on your progress. I am happy that you have had some headache relief.
Cymy Sue

Closed Thread